QB Anu Solomon to xfer to Baylor

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
BigWave96744

Re: QB Anu Solomon to xfer

Post by BigWave96744 »

cabanalane wrote:I would think Rolo is smart to know that college football is a business. And therefore, you don't turn down a player like Anu Solomon (like Max Wittek). The right thing to do is to offer him a scholarship and let Anu compete for the job. They all have to compete, and we all know that a player's health could be one sack away. What happens if Dru Brown goes down? For the season? Is there anyone "good" enough now (two QBs left for other schools)?

If Anu end up riding the bench, and salty, that's how life goes sometimes. Rolo got to look after the best interest of the program. And therefore, UH has to get Anu Solomon. If he goes to another MWC team, it could come back to bite UH in the butt.
Couldn't have said it any better...

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Now that Reilly and Zwahlen are gone, I wouldn't mind seeing Solomon. We should also get another FR QB.
ImageImage

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

J-Rod wrote:Unlike the grad transfers of the Chow era, Solomon is actually pretty dang good. Damaged goods (damaged because RichRod is a screaming banshee). Anu would be an upgrade from any current QB on the team.
I just wonder how badly damaged. Knee injury and 2 concussions. Did not regain the starting job. Surprised not headed to his old coach at UNLV. But whatever Rolo decides is fine with me. He knows what he's got at the quarterback position.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

RedZone wrote:
J-Rod wrote:Unlike the grad transfers of the Chow era, Solomon is actually pretty dang good. Damaged goods (damaged because RichRod is a screaming banshee). Anu would be an upgrade from any current QB on the team.
I just wonder how badly damaged. Knee injury and 2 concussions. Did not regain the starting job. Surprised not headed to his old coach at UNLV. But whatever Rolo decides is fine with me. He knows what he's got at the quarterback position.

I've read in the Arizona paper that Anu wasn't the same after the UCLA game (the game he got hurt in), doesn't play the same.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

stranger808 wrote:
RedZone wrote:

I've read in the Arizona paper that Anu wasn't the same after the UCLA game (the game he got hurt in), doesn't play the same.
I don't think he's played the same since the Fiesta Bowl.

Irse

Post by Irse »

EITSwarrior wrote:
stranger808 wrote:
RedZone wrote:

I don't think he's played the same since the Fiesta Bowl.
So if he isn't the same, will he be good enough?
ImageImage

uhwarriors

Re: QB Anu Solomon to xfer to Baylor

Post by uhwarriors »

Arizona quarterback Anu Solomon will be graduate transferring to Baylor, a source close to the situation confirmed to ESPN.com.

The Bears have a deficit at quarterback following Seth Russell's graduation and Jarrett Stidham's transfer to Auburn.
More:
http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... ylor-bears

Irse

Post by Irse »

Hope we have a HS senior QB on our radar.
ImageImage

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Anu Solomon out as Baylor’s starting quarterback

Well, that didn’t take long

By Ryan Kelapire on September 11, 2017 2:00 pm

After losing to Liberty and UTSA, the Baylor Bears have benched quarterback Anu Solomon, head coach Matt Rhule announced Monday.
https://www.azdesertswarm.com/football/ ... wkins-tate

Irse

Post by Irse »

Maybe it was a blessing that we didn't get him.
ImageImage

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Tough situation for Anu. What a horrible program to transfer to for his senior year.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

He started the first 2 games and is now 3rd string.

The even played a true frosh, for just 2 snaps
Baylor freshman quarterback Charlie Brewer saw his first playing time of the year against Kansas State, only to get taken out after two snaps.
The freshman quarterback has been acting as Smith’s backup while Anu Solomon is in concussion protocol. Barring an injury, those two plays likely mean Baylor won’t be able to redshirt Brewer this season.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.diehar ... brewer/amp