Kahuku’s Ah-Hoy Retires from OSU 5/3/18

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
uhwarriors

Kahuku’s Ah-Hoy Retires from OSU 5/3/18

Post by uhwarriors »

Growing up on the North Shore, two traditions are to play football and jump off Laie Point.

On Sunday, Kahuku High’s Kesi Ah-Hoy made a symbolic plunge, accepting a scholarship offer from the University of Hawaii football team. Ah-Hoy will put his pledge in writing on Feb. 1, the first day 2017 recruits may sign national letters of intent.

“Hawaii just fits,” Ah-Hoy said.
Ah-Hoy is projected to play a hybrid position with the Rainbow Warriors. “I can kind of play safety and linebacker at the same time,” Ah-Hoy said.

Ah-Hoy had received scholarship offers from Oregon State and Brigham Young. But he confirmed his UH decision following an official recruiting trip that ended Sunday morning.
But Ah-Hoy said he felt at home on the Manoa campus. “I really like the coaches,” Ah-Hoy said. “I like Coach (Nick) Rolovich. He’s really down to earth.”

Ah-Hoy said Hawaii was “best for his future.” He said he plans to live here after he graduates from college.
Rest of article:
http://www.staradvertiser.com/2016/12/0 ... ges-to-uh/

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Kahuku’s Ah-Hoy pledges to UH

Post by My3Cats »

Great get! Warrior Up, Kesi!
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

super start!

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

Congrats to Ah Hoy and Rolo.
If we can land more Kahuku and St. Louis players ... the stadium be rocking on Sat evenings.
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

Baller Hawk
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Baller Hawk »

WOW!!! CONGRATS KESI and ROLO!!! This is HUGE for the program!!! A local boy committing this early speaks volumes to the rest of the draft class and to the program! The last recruit that I can remember who chose Hawaii over an Oregon school and BYU was MEL PURCELL. You guys remember him? YEAH! He was a BEAST!!!! To be honest I'm shocked!!! BYU has such a strong draw when it comes to Kahuku especially those who are Mormon. When I saw that BYU had made Kesi an offer I thought for sure we'd see him in Anae's offense being coached by legendary former Kahuku Red Raider Mark Atuaia, joining his team mate from last year Hirkley Latu. So this speaks volumes to what ROLO and his staff are doing in Manoa! Now days with the defensive schemes evolving more schemes are trading size and block shed for speed, pursuit and coverage. Hopefully this will draw Kaniho and Moku Watson! Like the @grinch land more Kahuku and St. Louis players... the stadium be rocking on Sat evenings. Congrats ROLO, KESI and Hawaii! This addition is a true blessing! Nothing against players from the mainland. But IMO Local Boyz play harder maybe with a little chip on their shoulder. Hawaii boyz know they are from the small Pride ROCK half an ocean away from the nearest D1 School. But it brings out the beast in them! There is nothing like playing for the PRIDE of HAWAII!!!

Message to the Local Bozy who have offers - Hawaii is on the rise... The challenge of bringing greatness to Hawaii, to your family name and to PRIDE ROCK isn't going to be the easiest path you can take... But the hardest path is the MOST REWARDING!!! CONGRATS KESI welcome to the ROCK!!!

shoichikun808
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by shoichikun808 »

Kesi Ah-Hoy decommitted from Hawaii. Went on a recent visit to Oregon St and upcoming home visit this Sunday by them.

honu888
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by honu888 »

shoichikun808 wrote:Kesi Ah-Hoy decommitted from Hawaii. Went on a recent visit to Oregon St and upcoming home visit this Sunday by them.
Oh well. that's what usually happens with early commits they usually rethink their options. We'll see on signing day, hopefully we still get chance.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

I hope he still stays with us but if not, Rolo seems to be doing a good jpb of bringing in good prospects.
ImageImage

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

I agree w Irse. Would be great to have um but if not I wish him great success. Keep bringing um Rolo!!
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

I think with this past season, a lot of local talent will want to stay home. Not to that UH is an "awesome" elite team. But I think being part of the group that become the "elite" would mean much more.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Baller Hawk wrote:Hopefully this will draw Kaniho and Moku Watson!
Moku Watson just committed to Oregon St at tonight's Polynesian Classic. Hope he doesnt draw Kesi over there

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

BigWave96744 wrote:Moku Watson just committed to Oregon St at tonight's Polynesian Classic. Hope he doesnt draw Kesi over there
http://www.hawaiiprepworld.com/football ... gon-state/
Coaches won’t be the only ones pleading him to come to Corvallis.

“I’ve been trying to get Kesi,” Watson said. “We’ll see at signing day what Kesi does. It’s going to be crazy.”

SalasThaGOAT1
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by SalasThaGOAT1 »

Reports say Kesi is 50/50....i wish more kids stayed. Hawaii could be a powerhouse team but kids are quick to jump to the "mainland"

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

UH needs to improve facilities, remove the algebra 2 requiremenr, win consistently and most of all beat marquee teams as they did in the past, so UH can provide a comparable option.

A few of my uncles , cousins and friends played in the Pac 10 and other Power 5 conferences, where there is a huge difference. The coaching level is way above UH, facilities not even close and community support is tremendous. There is also way more opportunities. The job market in Hawaii is horrendous. Thats why im on the mainland.

Let's be fair, UH is simply not on these other schools level and the school doesnt seem interested in properly supporting the program and are happy with mid major realities. Mid major means UH will occasionally get a stud from Hawaii to stay, but the reality is UH can't compete with Power 5 teams.

UH can build a decent team with 2nd and 3rd tier from the mainland, mix in a few local studs and mainland studs and have a winning program. However, the big time local bradhas won't stay. #cruelreality
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

kapakahi wrote:
BigWave96744 wrote:Moku Watson just committed to Oregon St at tonight's Polynesian Classic. Hope he doesnt draw Kesi over there
http://www.hawaiiprepworld.com/football ... gon-state/
Coaches won’t be the only ones pleading him to come to Corvallis.

“I’ve been trying to get Kesi,” Watson said. “We’ll see at signing day what Kesi does. It’s going to be crazy.”

If Watson wants to go away for school, go. I don't care for him trying to convince a Hawaii commit to switch. If Watson needs a safety blanket to go to OSU with him, take a Teddy Bear, leave our commits alone. My 2 cents.