Kahuku’s Ah-Hoy Retires from OSU 5/3/18

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
amela
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Re: Kahuku’s Ah-Hoy pledges to UH

Post by amela »

Why does Moku want company? Afraid to go along?

ainoa808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by ainoa808 »

Reality def sucks! Hawaii has a bounceback season and so far in local recruiting it's equated to... very little. The one "local stud" they actually get a commit from is now on the fence. Lots of time left till signing day but ughhhh still needs more work. #GoBows

http://www.hawaiiprepworld.com/football/recruiting/
Palolo_2LA wrote:UH needs to improve facilities, remove the algebra 2 requiremenr, win consistently and most of all beat marquee teams as they did in the past, so UH can provide a comparable option.

A few of my uncles , cousins and friends played in the Pac 10 and other Power 5 conferences, where there is a huge difference. The coaching level is way above UH, facilities not even close and community support is tremendous. There is also way more opportunities. The job market in Hawaii is horrendous. Thats why im on the mainland.

Let's be fair, UH is simply not on these other schools level and the school doesnt seem interested in properly supporting the program and are happy with mid major realities. Mid major means UH will occasionally get a stud from Hawaii to stay, but the reality is UH can't compete with Power 5 teams.

UH can build a decent team with 2nd and 3rd tier from the mainland, mix in a few local studs and mainland studs and have a winning program. However, the big time local bradhas won't stay. #cruelreality

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

ainoa808 wrote:Reality def sucks! Hawaii has a bounceback season and so far in local recruiting it's equated to... very little. The one "local stud" they actually get a commit from is now on the fence. Lots of time left till signing day but ughhhh still needs more work. #GoBows

http://www.hawaiiprepworld.com/football/recruiting/
I think there are 4-5 local boys who will stay...2 scholarship types and 2-3 walk ons/greyshrts...It is all about buy-in and the desire to raise the bar at UH. If these local boys are no aboard, no ill feelings and we should all wish the the best. #WarriorNation

I read an interesting post the other day. It stated the 77% of the players in the NFL were 2-3 star recruits, so I do not put much credeince in the need to have 4-5 star guys. Talent depth on a team helps raise the intensity and push players to perform, but not a guarantee the team will win.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

The Pac-12 is not as competitive as the other Big-5. The MWC has beaten them on a regular basis. The only thing that OSU has to offer is going away from home versus playing in front of the home crowd. OSU is about as competitive as WSU in the Pac-12.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

Visited Corvallis in October. Not impressed by a long shot. The best thing about it was the sizzler in nearby Albany.

shoichikun808
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by shoichikun808 »

Time to move on. We lost him. Going by Mokus and Kesis retweet.
https://twitter.com/mokuseui/status/824822384267964416

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

stranger808 wrote:
kapakahi wrote:
BigWave96744 wrote:Moku Watson just committed to Oregon St at tonight's Polynesian Classic. Hope he doesnt draw Kesi over there
http://www.hawaiiprepworld.com/football ... gon-state/
Coaches won’t be the only ones pleading him to come to Corvallis.

“I’ve been trying to get Kesi,” Watson said. “We’ll see at signing day what Kesi does. It’s going to be crazy.”

If Watson wants to go away for school, go. I don't care for him trying to convince a Hawaii commit to switch. If Watson needs a safety blanket to go to OSU with him, take a Teddy Bear, leave our commits alone. My 2 cents.
@stranger808: I agree. As a UH alumnus, I feel that if players from the state of Hawaii want to turn their backs on the home team, then good riddance. No support for them, at all. It's like, turn your backs on us, we'll turn our backs on you. I'm sorry.

Kama
Pine rider
Pine rider

Re: Kahuku’s Ah-Hoy decommits from UH

Post by Kama »

When a man says he commits he needs to follow through. Without his word, a man is worthless.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Kahuku’s Ah-Hoy decommits from UH

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

Kama wrote:When a man says he commits he needs to follow through. Without his word, a man is worthless.
@Kama: Agree. Especially when he made the commitment to the home team. To some players, the grass is always greener on the other side, as the saying goes.

BigWave96744

Re: Kahuku’s Ah-Hoy Retires from OSU 5/3/18

Post by BigWave96744 »

Ex-Kahuku star Kesi Ah-Hoy to retire
By Billy Hull
Posted on May 3, 2018 12:05 am
Kahuku alumnus Kesi Ah-Hoy, who played five games as a true freshman at Oregon State last season, is no longer listed on the roster and has been forced to medically retire, sports information director Steve Fenk confirmed Wednesday
http://www.staradvertiser.com/2018/05/0 ... to-retire/