***OFFICIAL THREAD*** NBA 2016 to 2017

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: ***OFFICIAL THREAD*** NBA 2016 to 2017

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

ubercow wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:30 am
dare I say modern day lakers vs celtics? or is that blasphemy :lol:
nah, I feel there's a chance that one of them don't make it to the finals.
:P Slim to none....I don't see anyone in the WEST challenging GSW, even the Spurs will lose to them in 6. The CAVs are getting healthy at the right time....Toronto will give a good fight...the Wizards have a better punch...
Celtics have the BULLs series in their control, but they have to close out that series and play better. And no...it's no sin or blasphemous to say modern day lakers vs Celtics.....but its funny. :lol:
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

Mr.EDGE808 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:33 am :P Slim to none....I don't see anyone in the WEST challenging GSW, even the Spurs will lose to them in 6. The CAVs are getting healthy at the right time....Toronto will give a good fight...the Wizards have a better punch...
Celtics have the BULLs series in their control, but they have to close out that series and play better. And no...it's no sin or blasphemous to say modern day lakers vs Celtics.....but its funny. :lol:
vegas futures currently has gsw's chances to reach final at 83.3% and cle's chances at 76.2%. I believe that makes it a 36.5% chance that one doesn't make it.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

ubercow wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:22 am
vegas futures currently has gsw's chances to reach final at 83.3% and cle's chances at 76.2%. I believe that makes it a 36.5% chance that one doesn't make it.
:lol: OMG! This is what I call crayon math! :rofl2: :music: The way it's looking......GWS sweeps into the WESTERN FINALs....Cavs SWEEPs into the EASTERN FINALs.....so what are the chances that either one is not in the NBA FINALs?
Like I said....slim to none.....but it's possible!.
:waiting:
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ubercow »

Mr.EDGE808 wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 4:45 am
ubercow wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:22 am
:lol: OMG! This is what I call crayon math! :rofl2: :music: The way it's looking......GWS sweeps into the WESTERN FINALs....Cavs SWEEPs into the EASTERN FINALs.....so what are the chances that either one is not in the NBA FINALs?
Like I said....slim to none.....but it's possible!.
:waiting:
should nothing weird happen, they're pretty much a lock in the finals, but injuries in the playoffs are pretty common and can easily change series outcomes.
current vegas odds: gsw's chances: 92.8%, cle: 87.5%. = 18.8%?

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ubercow »

as for the recent thing about the 2008 celtics reunion minus ray allen, they can't be butthurt about ray leaving. the celtics picked up of all people jason terry a week before he decided to go. nothing says we don't need you more than picking up a younger guy that plays the same position with the same type of game as you. thinking back it must have felt nice eliminating the team that thought you weren't good enough to keep your minutes in the conference finals, followed by taking the championship that year.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

ubercow wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 11:14 am as for the recent thing about the 2008 celtics reunion minus ray allen, they can't be butthurt about ray leaving. the celtics picked up of all people jason terry a week before he decided to go. nothing says we don't need you more than picking up a younger guy that plays the same position with the same type of game as you. thinking back it must have felt nice eliminating the team that thought you weren't good enough to keep your minutes in the conference finals, followed by taking the championship that year.
I thought the Area 21 show on TNT was absolutely hilarious talking about the Ray Allen Celtic story....but you're right, Ray had the last laugh with another ring and championship with Miami....and I think that eats the Garnett, Peirce, Rondo, and Perkins nothing but crow.... :lol: :lol:

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ubercow »

horrible way to turn gsw/sas game 1

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUFss-PhiXz/

pop addresses media https://twitter.com/spurs/status/864192242986004480
stuff pop was referring to

Link

bandits1
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by bandits1 »

Pachulia is one of those guys who confuses his dirty play with "tough" or "hard nosed" play. He acts like and might even believe he's playing gritty playoff basketball, but he's out there recklessly injuring or nearly injuring guys.

I'm kind of a Bucks fan and almost appreciated his dirtiness back when he was in MIL, but after he got traded I could see him for what he really is -- a dirty, dangerous goon. He's actually not bad at basketball so he really doesn't need to play dirty to get by.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ubercow »

finals odds:
GSW: 68.65%
CLE: 31.35%

cheering for cleveland, predicting golden state in 6.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

ubercow wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 11:32 am finals odds:
GSW: 68.65%
CLE: 31.35%

cheering for cleveland, predicting golden state in 6.
:o If Cleveland doesn't slow down Durrant....... 8(X :-

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ubercow »

Mr.EDGE808 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:48 am :o If Cleveland doesn't slow down Durrant....... 8(X :-
the outcome of game 3 will probably show how long the series is going to go

bandits1
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by bandits1 »

^^^Yeah, it'll determine whether this series goes 4 games or 5. No more. CLE just doesn't have a consistent, well-practiced enough team defense to stop GS for more than short stretches.

I'm not a Warrior fan (although I do enjoy watching them play), but I'm definitely NOT a Lebron fan. Watching the Cavs get abused makes me happy.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ubercow »

they got more calls in game 3 (which I assumed since playing at home) and still lost albeit being a winnable game. jalen will probably bust out his walis walis after today altho jr swish posted cavs in 7 on twitter :lol: (later removed, saying he got hacked) plus curry being classy as ever popping a squat after durant's end of the game three. :roll:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVEUhoGhd2Z/

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Congrats to the Warriors. The lady interviewing the players is terrible. She asks some stupid questions.
ImageImage

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

Irse wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:05 pm Congrats to the Warriors. The lady interviewing the players is terrible. She asks some stupid questions.
:read: Wasn't that lady Doris Burke? Totally agree with you.....very lame and stupid questions? She sounded like a Kardashigan :lol: :roll: