Big12 will not expand (10/17/16)

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
BigWave96744

Big12 will not expand (10/17/16)

Post by BigWave96744 »

As for potential expansion candidates, the data shows there are a handful of possibilities — or the usual suspects as some would label them. In addition to Cincinnati, Boise State, BYU, UConn, UCF and USF have been mentioned to varying degrees as fits for an expanded Big 12.
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.co ... to-decide/

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Boise St to the Big12?

Post by J-Rod »

Rumor is the heavy favorites are Cincinnati and one of the Florida schools UCF, USF, etc. Sadly, wins and losses mean little in situations like this. This is all about TV market's and eyeballs. $$$$ is the name of the game in modern college football. Get some or get lost.

BullNuts808
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: the off season

Post by BullNuts808 »

I believe its highly unlikely that Boise would jump. The current agreement that they have with the MWC provides them with almost full TV rights to their FB games. No other conference would allow that.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

BCS $$$$$ > MWC $

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

The Daily B.S. (Oklahoman) did some stories last week about this.

IMHO Cincinnati is a lock to be the 11th Big XII school partly to appease West Virginia since, right now, WVU is on an "island" away from most of the Big XII. As for the 12th, it'll probably be another school in the American Athletic like UConn.

Honestly, Hawaii has a better shot at getting kicked out of the MW than Boise leaving.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

wyokie wrote:The Daily B.S....Honestly, Hawaii has a better shot at getting kicked out of the MW than Boise leaving.
:lol: Oh lordy....the forum piñata needs to be re-glued by paper Mache! :lol: :lol: :roll:
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by chawan_cut »

I really wanted to see boise in the new big east that didn't happen. that would've been funny to see all those east coast teams complaining about travelling that far to boise.
boise wouldn't be able to cut it in the big 5 conferences. a 30k stadium? none of their other sports are worth mentioning. they're still living off their past and that seems to be fading quick. if this current coaching stuff can't cut it I wonder how long before they ditch the trick offense/every player plays and never leaves boise to train mentality. their dreams of the BCS/playoffs are long gone. sure they can dominate us, but they will be the doormat of any other big 5 conference.
Go Warriors! Go Na Wahine!

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

chawan_cut wrote:I really wanted to see boise in the new big east that didn't happen. that would've been funny to see all those east coast teams complaining about travelling that far to boise.
boise wouldn't be able to cut it in the big 5 conferences. a 30k stadium? none of their other sports are worth mentioning. they're still living off their past and that seems to be fading quick. if this current coaching stuff can't cut it I wonder how long before they ditch the trick offense/every player plays and never leaves boise to train mentality. their dreams of the BCS/playoffs are long gone. sure they can dominate us, but they will be the doormat of any other big 5 conference.
They won a major bowl game 14 months ago. If that's "long gone", what is our Sugar Bowl performance? Ancient history? :lol:

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

J-Rod wrote:
chawan_cut wrote:I really wanted to see boise in the new big east that didn't happen. that would've been funny to see all those east coast teams complaining about travelling that far to boise.
They won a major bowl game 14 months ago. If that's "long gone", what is our Sugar Bowl performance? Ancient history? :lol:
:o well...dare I say...it was a DECADE ago....yikes, we're getting OLD! :lol: :roll: :cry:
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

BigWave96744

Re: Big12 set for expansion (7/20/16)

Post by BigWave96744 »

Time for another round of conference realignment
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.co ... expansion/

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

A lot of people are saying BYU and Cincy.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

gopunahou wrote:A lot of people are saying BYU and Cincy.
The football coaches in the Big XII want Houston and BYU.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

wyokie wrote:
gopunahou wrote:A lot of people are saying BYU and Cincy.
The football coaches in the Big XII want Houston and BYU.
If they want 14 teams, they should add BYU, Houston, Cincy, and maybe a Texas school or somebody nearby.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

gopunahou wrote: If they want 14 teams, they should add BYU, Houston, Cincy, and maybe a Texas school or somebody nearby.
:thumbup: I would agree with you gopunahou.....but who in Texas? SMU? San Antonio? :-

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

Mr.EDGE808 wrote:
gopunahou wrote: If they want 14 teams, they should add BYU, Houston, Cincy, and maybe a Texas school or somebody nearby.
:thumbup: I would agree with you gopunahou.....but who in Texas? SMU? San Antonio? :-
There've suggestions that New Mexico could join the Texas division of the league. New Mexico ain't part of Texas but is nearby. My problem with them is that New Mexico ain't a football state. They care more about basketball, baseball, and soccer than they do about football. Does anyone need any more proof of that than the fact that they kept Mike Locksley for three years even though he won a grand total of three games? New Mexicans don't care if their football teams go winless.