*** OFFICIAL Tua Tagovailoa Thread ****

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: *** OFFICIAL Tua Tagovailoa Thread - Commits to Alabama****

Post by RedZone »

You gotta know that his coach is going to be Lane Kiffin. I think that Kiffin was also going after the quarterback from Bishop Gorman. Tua will have to compete against some of the best talent around. I would not be surprised if he ends up redshirting. He may have to get used to standing on the sidelines.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

RedZone wrote:You gotta know that his coach is going to be Lane Kiffin. I think that Kiffin was also going after the quarterback from Bishop Gorman. Tua will have to compete against some of the best talent around. I would not be surprised if he ends up redshirting. He may have to get used to standing on the sidelines.
I do find myself wondering if Tua reconsiders his options if former 5-Star QB Blake Barnett (RS freshman) wins the job at Bama. Waiting until your RS Junior year to have a chance to start is a loooong time to wait. Not every stud recruit wants to wait that long.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

J-Rod wrote:
RedZone wrote:You gotta know that his coach is going to be Lane Kiffin. I think that Kiffin was also going after the quarterback from Bishop Gorman. Tua will have to compete against some of the best talent around. I would not be surprised if he ends up redshirting. He may have to get used to standing on the sidelines.
I do find myself wondering if Tua reconsiders his options if former 5-Star QB Blake Barnett (RS freshman) wins the job at Bama. Waiting until your RS Junior year to have a chance to start is a loooong time to wait. Not every stud recruit wants to wait that long.
Their backup qb last year was also the holder. Maybe he will end up doing the Ikaika thing.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Oregon and USC are in dire need for a QB. Hmmmm

johnny
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Tua Tagovailoa and Alabama Jaylen Hurts

Post by johnny »

Since Jaylen Hurts is doing so well at Alabama as a true freshman, I don't see anyone replacing him anytime soon. All the quarterbacks want to play and transfer to other schools just to start and show their stuff. Does Tua wish to sit on the bench and collect rings or does he want to show how good he is? Alabama is not the place for him to shine. Hawaii would be a more logical choice.

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Re: Tua Tagovailoa and Alabama Jaylen Hurts

Post by ulua »

johnny wrote:Since Jaylen Hurts is doing so well at Alabama as a true freshman, I don't see anyone replacing him anytime soon. All the quarterbacks want to play and transfer to other schools just to start and show their stuff. Does Tua wish to sit on the bench and collect rings or does he want to show how good he is? Alabama is not the place for him to shine. Hawaii would be a more logical choice.
I didn't realize till today's Championship game that Bama's QB is a True FR. and It also got me thinking about Tua and if he is still committed to Bama or going to go else where. Top Rated QB like TUA I just don't see him sitting behind a Sop. QB next year and may have to site for a few years before getting playing time. and I don't think it would be wise to go to Bama read shirt, then transfer the following year then may have to site out due to transfer rule and waist and eligible year.

Would be nice to see him commit to Hawaii but I don't see it happening he prob goes to another big school where he will get a shot to start.

All-American
All-American

Re: Tua Tagovailoa and Alabama Jaylen Hurts

Post by 808 »

ulua wrote:
johnny wrote:Since Jaylen Hurts is doing so well at Alabama as a true freshman, I don't see anyone replacing him anytime soon. All the quarterbacks want to play and transfer to other schools just to start and show their stuff. Does Tua wish to sit on the bench and collect rings or does he want to show how good he is? Alabama is not the place for him to shine. Hawaii would be a more logical choice.
I didn't realize till today's Championship game that Bama's QB is a True FR. and It also got me thinking about Tua and if he is still committed to Bama or going to go else where. Top Rated QB like TUA I just don't see him sitting behind a Sop. QB next year and may have to site for a few years before getting playing time. and I don't think it would be wise to go to Bama read shirt, then transfer the following year then may have to site out due to transfer rule and waist and eligible year.

Would be nice to see him commit to Hawaii but I don't see it happening he prob goes to another big school where he will get a shot to start.
Not to mention that the OC that recruited him (I'm assuming Kiffin was a primary contact) is no longer there. Sitting behind a soph who played in the championship game, with a new OC in Sarkisian, maybe those changed circumstances make Alabama less attractive for him.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

BigWave96744 wrote:Oregon and USC are in dire need for a QB. Hmmmm
LOLz....does USC still need a qb or did their freshmen sensation Sam Darnold opt for the NFL draft?

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

SundayJam wrote:
LOLz....does USC still need a qb or did their freshmen sensation Sam Darnold opt for the NFL draft?
If you bothered to look, I posted this in October, a little after RSFR Darnold took over from Max Browne :roll:

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

BigWave96744 wrote:
SundayJam wrote:
If you bothered to look, I posted this in October, a little after RSFR Darnold took over from Max Browne :roll:
Yes...yes...but after watching Darnold's stunning performance in the Rose Bowl, I found the dated post a bit ironic. ;-)

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Yes Darnold really finished the season strong and sent Max Browne to he Pitt :D

Will he be the next big time USC QB???? Time will tell

But back to Tua, it's really great that he enrolled at Bama this spring. With the lackluster performance by Hurst in the NC Game, Tua will be a shot to show his stuff in the next few months.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Tua seems really intent on going to Bama and I wish him luck. BUT if he were to change his mind, another school I think he can be in a good situation, playing time wise and a program that seems to be in a good position, is Washington. He can sit behind Jake Browning for a year or two then takeover.

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

ImageImageImageImage

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

This a good ol' boy comment intending either to put Tua or the State down. He misspelled wondering or maybe that's the way they say it down in Bama as wandering. That good ol' boy had to have passed through Hawaii on one of his flights for refueling so if he was really in Nam, Hawaii was a State. The article attempts to state the obvious but just falls short.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

Forum Thread: http://alabama.247sports.com/Board/116/ ... -107351501

it's just one dumbass/jokester, the rest of their members there are pretty much making fun of the user or the comment. On the question of is the person just that dumb, or are they just trolling? I'm definitely thinking the arrow is pointing heavily toward just plain ignorance.

on a side note, holy !@$# that forum had a lot of ads. if this site _ever_ gets that desperate for cash to put 6+ ads per page, or video popups, or even worse both, please stop visiting. It means I picked up a dangerous drug habit or something and you not visiting is probably doing me a favor.