*** Official Dave Aranda Thread ***

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Aranda

Post by SundayJam »

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

SundayJam wrote::roll: Wisconsin exceeded wiseguy expectations in this game.

This was an offensive failure. Whisky stopped a coupla 4th down conversions by ASU and held them to 2.8 ypc rushing.
They also forced a fumble and picked off ASU. Don't forget that Hawaii was one of the take-away leaders of the nation under Aranda. At Texas Tech, Hawaii, and Utah State Aranda has always exceeded expectations.
Along with giving up 468 yards, they gave up 32 points, they haven't given up that many points in 22 games. If they continue to play defense like that in the Big10, they will lose many games, including get lit up by Urban Meyer this weekend.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Next couple of weeks will be real tests. Hope they perform.
ImageImage

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Ohio St beat Wisconsin 31 - 24 but it's was as close as it seems, It was 31-14 after 3 qtrs
Ohio St racked up 390 yards and 0 turnovers to give the Badgers their 2nd lost and out of the top 25.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

I watched the game. It was a very close, hotly contested match between leaders of the Big 10. The close of the 1st half sealed the deal for Wisconsin. First, an illegal procedure penalty negated a recovered punt muff by Ohio St. Then, a dropped interception was followed up by an endzone strike with 2 seconds left on the clock. Once again, Wisconsin had the chance to win the game at the end of the 4th and blew it. Ohio St is the #3 team in the country...and deservedly so.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

SundayJam wrote:I watched the game. It was a very close, hotly contested match between leaders of the Big 10. The close of the 1st half sealed the deal for Wisconsin. First, an illegal procedure penalty negated a recovered punt muff by Ohio St. Then, a dropped interception was followed up by an endzone strike with 2 seconds left on the clock. Once again, Wisconsin had the chance to win the game at the end of the 4th and blew it. Ohio St is the #3 team in the country...and deservedly so.
d

It's not Aranda's defense that is the weakness of the team. Wisconsin's Offense needs to put up a few more points.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

There’s no doubt who has done the best coaching performance in college football over the last three weeks: Wisconsin defensive coordinator Dave Aranda.
http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=Wis ... ave-Aranda

Aranda, Butler are coordinators on the rise

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/i ... n-the-rise
ImageImage

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

So nice of our Genius, Legendary Coach Chow to not retain Aranda. Thank you Norm.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Egonator
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: Brewers/Rays
NBA: Jazz/Timberwolves
NFL: Vikings/Bills

Does anyone else think...

Post by Egonator »

Does anyone else think that we have a chance at beating Wisconsin? I have some reasons as to why we have a chance this Saturday...
1.) Wisconsin can be contained. Wisconsin likes to run. Their first string running back is hurt. If UH can limit the run game it will put pressure on Joel Stave who does not do well on 3rd and long situations.
2.) Hawaii now has 2 solid running backs. If UH can use the run to set up the pass, it will put less pressure on Wittek.
3.) Wisconsins defense has a hard time with the spread offense. Since most big 10 schools run the ball, their defense is not used to teams who spread the field.
4.) Wisconsins offensive line is weak...it's been a problem that head coach Paul Chryst has talked about on numerous occasions. If Guys like Luke or Kennedy go into the game prepared, they can stop the run and rush the quarterback.
5.) Wisconsins streak will come to an end eventually. Since 2003, Wisconsin has beaten a non BIG 10 School at home. That streak has to end eventually right?
Last edited by Egonator on Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Does anyone else think...

Post by J-Rod »

We still suck on the road. Reality is, this program will always be a different team away from Aloha Stadium. I'm a little worried Daronte Jones might dissect UH better than most opposing coaches can on tape. He knows out weaknesses.

I think we have hope, but I wouldn't be shocked by a shellacking too.

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

it's more important that every player traveling to wisc believe that hawaii can win. and they can, it's a matter of who wants it more, who believes in themselves more. so yeah, i guess i would say hawaii can win.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

st808 wrote:it's more important that every player traveling to wisc believe that hawaii can win. and they can, it's a matter of who wants it more, who believes in themselves more. so yeah, i guess i would say hawaii can win.
LOL sports are never that simplistic. UH can want it more and still get whacked. So I guess if they lose, they just didn't want it enough?

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

Idk about winning but i think we can at least cover the 24.5 point spread! Haha

Manoa
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by Manoa »

Wish I could say we have a decent chance, but I would be happy seeing us play a good competitive game and move the all on their offense and keep them under their average and beat the spread.

Wisconsin likes to run and they do it well. Our defense has not been strong against the run and we are vulnerable to a strong running attack like Wisconsin if we are forced out of our blitzing and stunting. Wisconsin has an efficient passing attack-- high completion averaging over 70% per game and they will throw for TD's (partly because D's are trying to stop the run). If we can confuse the blocking like we did with OSU, that will help. On offense we need to protect Wittek and hopefully develop enough of a run game to keep the defense honest. Aranda will be running his attacking defense.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

there's no such thing as an unwinnable game.