*** Official Dave Aranda Thread ***

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Re: Former UH DC, Dave Aranda, faces tough choices.

Post by Irse »

The OC is going to be the new USU HC. We're so backwards. It takes us weeks to hire a HC and USU takes less than a day. Wisconsin never even have their press conference yet to announce Anderson as their HC and Utah State is able to hire his replacement.
ImageImage

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Irse wrote:The OC is going to be the new USU HC. We're so backwards. It takes us weeks to hire a HC and USU takes less than a day. Wisconsin never even have their press conference yet to announce Anderson as their HC and Utah State is able to hire his replacement.
Unfortunately, the last time that UH tried to fast track a head coach hiring, we got Mack!
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

My3Cats wrote:
Irse wrote:The OC is going to be the new USU HC. We're so backwards. It takes us weeks to hire a HC and USU takes less than a day. Wisconsin never even have their press conference yet to announce Anderson as their HC and Utah State is able to hire his replacement.
Unfortunately, the last time that UH tried to fast track a head coach hiring, we got Mack!
Thing is.. if we still had Mack we'd still have Rolo and Aranda. Mack would retire and we'd have a jun ken po between the two.. Now Aranda is heading to Wisconsin to be their OC. Rolo is learning to master the Pistol and will beyond what UH can afford in a year or two.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

madeinhawaii wrote:
WA Warrior wrote:Go to TTU and a rookie coach or to an experienced coach at Cal? Hmmmmm.....
Wonder which one is offering more $$? A cash strapped Cal school or the Alma mater, Texas school?
I remember Greg McMackin going there to be the DC back in 2000 for a whole lot more than he was making here.
Cal's head coach makes 2.3 million.
I thought Cal Berkley and Texas Tech were relatively established (donor-wise) football schools.
I would think Dave Aranda will improve whichever program he goes to next. I'd advise Cal.

SectionACrazy
Starter
Starter
MLB: The Redinals and CardiSox
NBA: Boston Celtics since 70s
NFL: SF 49ers

Post by SectionACrazy »

SundayJam wrote:
madeinhawaii wrote:
WA Warrior wrote:Go to TTU and a rookie coach or to an experienced coach at Cal? Hmmmmm.....
Wonder which one is offering more $$? A cash strapped Cal school or the Alma mater, Texas school?
I remember Greg McMackin going there to be the DC back in 2000 for a whole lot more than he was making here.
Cal's head coach makes 2.3 million.
I thought Cal Berkley and Texas Tech were relatively established (donor-wise) football schools.
I would think Dave Aranda will improve whichever program he goes to next. I'd advise Cal.
Looks like he's following Anderson to Wisconsin.

Irse

Post by Irse »

Pretty good set up.
ImageImage

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Makes you wonder what Chow was thinking.

WA Warrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by WA Warrior »

This is also a reflection on Manoa management decisions too.

Mahalos [*]Red Gun[/color] for the update!!!

Irse

Aranda

Post by Irse »

Wisonsin hasn't played anybody of note yet but has pitched two straight shutouts.
ImageImage

glockguy
All-conference
All-conference

Re: Aranda

Post by glockguy »

Came across this article, it mentions the packers sending coaches to Wisconsin to chat with Aranda about defending the read option... http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_239 ... ion-debate

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Irse wrote: Wisconsin hasn't played anybody of note yet but has pitched two straight shutouts.
That's the truth, feasting on cupcakes
UMass went 1-11 last year in their first year at D1
Tennessee Tech went 3-8 last year in the FCS Ohio Conference

Let's see how Aranda does next week vs AZSt and then the start of the Big10 season :D

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Aranda's defense gave up 468 total yards to Arizona St.
Not too good considering Sacramento St gave up 523 total yards to Arizona State, in the Sun Devils home opener

Irse

Post by Irse »

BigWave96744 wrote:Aranda's defense gave up 468 total yards to Arizona St.
Not too good considering Sacramento St gave up 523 total yards to Arizona State, in the Sun Devils home opener
Yep. They struggled. It'll be interesting to see how they do the rest of the year.
ImageImage

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

Irse wrote:
BigWave96744 wrote:Aranda's defense gave up 468 total yards to Arizona St.
Yep. They struggled. It'll be interesting to see how they do the rest of the year.
Aranda was reared under McMackin's defensive philosophy which I believe was to place less emphasis on the yards yielded and to focus more on the points and first downs prevented, as well as the turnovers - turnovers being 3 or 4 and out, fumbles, and interceptions.
His defense is new to the 3-4, but they are extremely athletic. It will be fun to see, I'm sure.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

:roll: Wisconsin exceeded wiseguy expectations in this game.

This was an offensive failure. Whisky stopped a coupla 4th down conversions by ASU and held them to 2.8 ypc rushing.
They also forced a fumble and picked off ASU. Don't forget that Hawaii was one of the take-away leaders of the nation under Aranda. At Texas Tech, Hawaii, and Utah State Aranda has always exceeded expectations.
Last edited by SundayJam on Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.