Mark Tuinei

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Mark Tuinei

Post by cabanalane »

I was watch the "Great Wall of Dallas." And they talked about Mark Tuinei's death.

I recall back when it happened. Correct me if I'm wrong. He had no prior history of drug use. Test show he there wasn't drugs in his system. So this was the first time.

However, the facts showed that he did took ecstasy for two weeks. And the heroin was for the first time and did him in.

The easy answer would be, maybe he didn't handle post-football all that well. Hard to go from a famous football star to "nobody." But he wasn't a nobody, he was set to come home to Hawaii to coach football.

Today, knowing what we know about head injuries, like Junior Seau? Could it be that? Considering Mark Tuinei had everything to live for, why would he even try stuff like that? What if he was caught? Arrested? The PR damage, the future image, etc. So I'm thinking, it's got to be the head injuries from all those hits. What do you think?

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Re: Mark Tuinei

Post by Irse »

cabanalane wrote:I was watch the "Great Wall of Dallas." And they talked about Mark Tuinei's death.

I recall back when it happened. Correct me if I'm wrong. He had no prior history of drug use. Test show he there wasn't drugs in his system. So this was the first time.

However, the facts showed that he did took ecstasy for two weeks. And the heroin was for the first time and did him in.

The easy answer would be, maybe he didn't handle post-football all that well. Hard to go from a famous football star to "nobody." But he wasn't a nobody, he was set to come home to Hawaii to coach football.

Today, knowing what we know about head injuries, like Junior Seau? Could it be that? Considering Mark Tuinei had everything to live for, why would he even try stuff like that? What if he was caught? Arrested? The PR damage, the future image, etc. So I'm thinking, it's got to be the head injuries from all those hits. What do you think?
Who knows why he did it. Maybe something was missing in his life. I would not even want to speculate.
ImageImage