No Passion for Football - I'm glad he's not at UH (Tuileta)

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Re: No Passion for Football - I'm glad he's not at UH (Tuileta)

Post by Palolo_2LA »

BigIslandHank wrote:
Palolo_2LA wrote:
HighFlyer wrote:You shouldn't hate the guy. He chose volleyball and could make the 2016 Olympics. There've been many like him who were all-stars in FB but chose to play other sports in college.
Not hating on the young man...just happy Uh fans were not duped into the "savior" as NC was saying and then he walks away from UH FB. Looks like a legit VB talent and I am sure he'd make the UH VB team.
Did Chow really call him a "Savior" ?

Yes...he said Tui was the QB answer for his offense.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

CoconutKid
High-quality H20 provider

Post by CoconutKid »

amela wrote:Kind of new he wasn't going to do football at USC, not good enough. Volleyball was the reason for the decommit, wouldn't make UH VB team anyway IMO.
:roll: You have NO idea what you're talking about.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

BigIslandHank wrote:
Palolo_2LA wrote:
HighFlyer wrote:You shouldn't hate the guy. He chose volleyball and could make the 2016 Olympics. There've been many like him who were all-stars in FB but chose to play other sports in college.
Not hating on the young man...just happy Uh fans were not duped into the "savior" as NC was saying and then he walks away from UH FB. Looks like a legit VB talent and I am sure he'd make the UH VB team.
No, just a Chow hater making something up. Chow has said Wittek reminds him of Carson Palmer because of his size and arm strength. He also said Taylor Graham had similar mechanics as Palmer. But he hasn't said any QB is a savior especially not Tuileta.

Egonator
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: Brewers/Rays
NBA: Jazz/Timberwolves
NFL: Vikings/Bills

Post by Egonator »

It's whatever. It's sad that young local talent want to play for other schools such as Oregon and not stay home. Playing in front of your family and friends is priceless to me...yeah UH's record hasn't been the best but damn it's Hawaii

Irse
MLB: Cubs

Post by Irse »

Egonator wrote:It's whatever. It's sad that young local talent want to play for other schools such as Oregon and not stay home. Playing in front of your family and friends is priceless to me...yeah UH's record hasn't been the best but damn it's Hawaii
I guess for most of those guys, the experience of going away trumps staying home. Plus better facilities and now, more pay can be determining factors.
ImageImage

CoconutKid

Post by CoconutKid »

Egonator wrote:It's whatever. It's sad that young local talent want to play for other schools such as Oregon and not stay home. Playing in front of your family and friends is priceless to me...yeah UH's record hasn't been the best but damn it's Hawaii
So you're Marcus Mariotta. Oregon offers you a scholie. They offer amazing facilities, national exposure, and they face competition at the highest level ( Pac 12, Power 5), week after week. Come draft time, you've spent 3 years honing your craft against the toughest competition, and there are few doubts about your talent. You could play for the Natty every year. This equates to tens of millions of $s.

Or do you stay in Hawaii? While things will ultimately improve, facilities old and sparse ( there's no soap!), your games are televised on ESPNU, if your lucky. Otherwise, maybe CBS Sports Network, or a slow stream on theMWC.com. You face top notch (Power 5) competition 1-2 times a year, tops. You can figure out the rest.

But Egonator, you'd choose to play for the Warriors. Right?

We all want what is best for the Warriors. So I'm not expecting the argument to ever be resolved. I'm just offering the perspective that many fans refuse to see.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers

Post by Palolo_2LA »

uhwarriors wrote:
BigIslandHank wrote:
Palolo_2LA wrote:
No, just a Chow hater making something up. Chow has said Wittek reminds him of Carson Palmer because of his size and arm strength. He also said Taylor Graham had similar mechanics as Palmer. But he hasn't said any QB is a savior especially not Tuileta.
I'm not a NC hater...just stating what he said about Tui being the talent he needed in his system and something to the affect of a "savior". Get your fact right.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Palolo_2LA wrote:
uhwarriors wrote:
BigIslandHank wrote:
I'm not a NC hater...just stating what he said about Tui being the talent he needed in his system and something to the affect of a "savior". Get your fact right.
I must have missed it. Please show me where Chow said Tuileta was a "savior". If you show it to me, I'll admit you are right.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

No mention of the word "Savior" but it did mention
"From what I understand, UH was counting on Tuileta heavily to take over Norm Chow’s multiple-set offense."
http://www.hawaiiprepworld.com/cross-co ... -and-more/

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

I never thought Tuileta was good enough to be a program savior.

atamganora.a.
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by atamganora.a. »

Tui was a great high school athlete. Should he have been a starting quarterback in high school? Would he have done better in college football if he was groomed correctly through his high school program in a position that suited his talents? Would he have succeed if he played a different position like TE, SS, or maybe even OLB? We all know he is a great volleyball player but I would love to have seen him at different position that would have suited him. Yes I know he set all kinds of records at Punahou but how would Punahou have done with a different QB and Tui at another position?