Miami Bowl - Memphis & BYU Brawl

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Ulchiro5ga
Play Maker
Play Maker

Miami Bowl - Memphis & BYU Brawl

Post by Ulchiro5ga »

Lots of cheap shots and taunting throughout the game. Big brawl after the game...

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Re: Miami Bowl - Memphis & BYU Brawl

Post by huki-lau-lau »

bout time we see some blood shed, prior to this all you saw was chest bumping.

having lived in provo during my colleg years i would like to say i am proud to see brothers fight for each other and get eahcothers back (not just byu) both teams yes i am proud of memphis too.

is violence acceptable? not always!
would it have been best that they not fight in the first place? of course

but growing up with 5 brothers we always fight against each other, how do u think my dad felt seeing his two sons beating up eachother? whose side do u think he was on? he said, eh, no matter win or lose as long as you stand up for what you believe is right then none of you are in the wrong and i proud of both of you.

at the end of the day you love and respect eachother then move on to the next day. football is a gladiator sport and boys will be boys so im sure both teams understand the nature of the brawl and now have the utmost respect for eachother. das all
-------------------

BullNuts808
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: the off season

Post by BullNuts808 »

Brah....no matter how you try to look at this. there's no way you can condone this type of behavior on the field. Especially that game. Embarassing. I mean scrap when there's a late hit, maybe. But not this game, some of the BYU players were scraping with their own teammates during that brawl. That was bad.

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

i got tons of family and friends living in utah n connected to the big3 univerrsitys over there (byu/ute/usu) so my bias justification is this.

1. this wasnt a scuffle between two players like u typically see in a football altercation.

It was a mobbing - 4 memphis guys jump the one byu guy, as the byu guy falling on the ground one is punching to the head, 2nd and 3rd kicking n stomping on him, the 4th was throwing his helmet as a weapon.

if the byu player started it by shoving/pushing the first memphis player then those other 3 memphis players could have easily broken it up but they didnt and decided to mob. I can only imagine that those memphis players consider themselves brothers (thugs if u ask me) and are clearly overly agrresive and protective of eachother. thus they aggressively went after that one byu player.

as for the byu players, just because they get honor code and supposed to live higher standards, after seeing the mobbing on their one teammate they did what any other man with a pair of bolos would do, fight back! would you want to be jumped in some bar and your friends run away instead of grabbing your back? dass what seperate tthe men from the boys.

2. if u never played football then you dont understand these type of scuffles. just like hockey when they fight on the ice its part of the sport, fighting on the football field is "extracurriculars", 60 players on boths sides of the field of course that creates a riot environment, main thing is just keep your helmet on and no get hit like byu#12 got crack, lol! the brawl was manini and insugnificant the bigger picture and moral of the story was knowing that your teammates are ride-n-die with u and that type of bonding is priceless in a sport that require trust with players that lines up right next to you.
-------------------

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

All Wyoming fans LOVED it. Best Christmas gift from the football gods to the fans of WYOMING COWBOY football!!!

YES, we REALLY HATE the &()&&(P_*&&& from Provo! Especially me!!!!!

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

huki-lau-lau wrote:i got tons of family and friends living in utah n connected to the big3 univerrsitys over there (byu/ute/usu) so my bias justification is this.

1. this wasnt a scuffle between two players like u typically see in a football altercation.

It was a mobbing - 4 memphis guys jump the one byu guy, as the byu guy falling on the ground one is punching to the head, 2nd and 3rd kicking n stomping on him, the 4th was throwing his helmet as a weapon.

if the byu player started it by shoving/pushing the first memphis player then those other 3 memphis players could have easily broken it up but they didnt and decided to mob. I can only imagine that those memphis players consider themselves brothers (thugs if u ask me) and are clearly overly agrresive and protective of eachother. thus they aggressively went after that one byu player.

as for the byu players, just because they get honor code and supposed to live higher standards, after seeing the mobbing on their one teammate they did what any other man with a pair of bolos would do, fight back! would you want to be jumped in some bar and your friends run away instead of grabbing your back? dass what seperate tthe men from the boys.

2. if u never played football then you dont understand these type of scuffles. just like hockey when they fight on the ice its part of the sport, fighting on the football field is "extracurriculars", 60 players on boths sides of the field of course that creates a riot environment, main thing is just keep your helmet on and no get hit like byu#12 got crack, lol! the brawl was manini and insugnificant the bigger picture and moral of the story was knowing that your teammates are ride-n-die with u and that type of bonding is priceless in a sport that require trust with players that lines up right next to you.
Let me guess....you like BYU, don't ya? :roll: :evil: BYU started it. They'll claim they're innocent but they in fact started it. Never trust anyone from Provo!!!

DaDeaderHorse
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by DaDeaderHorse »

Damn....lol.

BullNuts808
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: the off season

Post by BullNuts808 »

huki-lau-lau wrote:i got tons of family and friends living in utah n connected to the big3 univerrsitys over there (byu/ute/usu) so my bias justification is this.

Whoa...LOL I wouldnt go as far as wyokie did (ha, ha trouble-maker lol) but I did get the sense of superiority from huki-laux2 cause we know only get "real" men who play football in Kahuku (that was sarcasm btw) but whatevers. no harm no foul. I still feel it was uncalled for. There was a time when BYU would punish opponents on the field instead of scraping off the field. Damn... I remember when BYU would give a concussion to opponents every week. The whole incident did not look good for BYU or the head coach. But thats just my opinion. Aloha and happy holidays.