*** Official Chad Owens Thread ***

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Re: Chad Owens

Post by ubercow »

greenbows
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Chad Owens' Amazing Career

Post by greenbows »

I was going to title this Chad Owens--Where is the love? Since leaving the Jacksonville Jaguars, Chad Owens has had quite a career as a Toronto Argonaut in the CFL. He has had back-to-back, record-setting 3000+ yard all-purpose yard seasons and is poised to repeat it this year as one of the CFL's most electrifying players, just like he was in Hawaii. The Star-Advertiser and U.S. sports websites ignore him and the CFL, so his amazing exploits occur in a vacuum. With his productivity, he could have tried to re-enter the NFL but decided to stay with Toronto, where he has new roots. Loyalty and the strength of ohana are particularly strong for many of us in Hawaii, and he represents us well. He is the best "Chad" and the best "Owens" in professional football.

http://www.argonauts.ca/article/chad-ow ... ple-threat

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Chad Owens' Amazing Career

Post by My3Cats »

Way to go Chad! Thanks greenbows for the post! Nice to have a feel good story before the weekend.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NBA: Boston Celtics
NFL: Oakland RAIDERS!

Post by Haynr8dr »

Chad Owens has had a GREAT career. How's about Sopoanga? As has Wayne Hunter, Samson Satele, and Davone Bess from recent teams. McBriar can be added. Perhaps, Manuwai. I'm sure I'm missing others.

SectionACrazy
Starter
Starter
MLB: The Redinals and CardiSox
NBA: Boston Celtics since 70s
NFL: SF 49ers

Post by SectionACrazy »

greenbows wrote:I was going to title this Chad Owens--Where is the love? Since leaving the Jacksonville Jaguars, Chad Owens has had quite a career as a Toronto Argonaut in the CFL. He has had back-to-back, record-setting 3000+ yard all-purpose yard seasons and is poised to repeat it this year as one of the CFL's most electrifying players, just like he was in Hawaii. The Star-Advertiser and U.S. sports websites ignore him and the CFL, so his amazing exploits occur in a vacuum. With his productivity, he could have tried to re-enter the NFL but decided to stay with Toronto, where he has new roots. Loyalty and the strength of ohana are particularly strong for many of us in Hawaii, and he represents us well. He is the best "Chad" and the best "Owens" in professional football.

AMEN!!!!

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

SectionACrazy wrote:
greenbows wrote:I was going to title this Chad Owens--Where is the love? Since leaving the Jacksonville Jaguars, Chad Owens has had quite a career as a Toronto Argonaut in the CFL. He has had back-to-back, record-setting 3000+ yard all-purpose yard seasons and is poised to repeat it this year as one of the CFL's most electrifying players, just like he was in Hawaii. The Star-Advertiser and U.S. sports websites ignore him and the CFL, so his amazing exploits occur in a vacuum. With his productivity, he could have tried to re-enter the NFL but decided to stay with Toronto, where he has new roots. Loyalty and the strength of ohana are particularly strong for many of us in Hawaii, and he represents us well. He is the best "Chad" and the best "Owens" in professional football.

AMEN!!!!
+1
ImageImage

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Haynr8dr wrote:Chad Owens has had a GREAT career. How's about Sopoanga? As has Wayne Hunter, Samson Satele, and Davone Bess from recent teams. McBriar can be added. Perhaps, Manuwai. I'm sure I'm missing others.
Bess is only in his third year and Hunter is much maligned. He's no longer starting and he struggled all of last year

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_ ... starter-rt

I agree with the others though.
ImageImage

Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Haynr8dr »

Irse wrote:
Haynr8dr wrote:Chad Owens has had a GREAT career. How's about Sopoanga? As has Wayne Hunter, Samson Satele, and Davone Bess from recent teams. McBriar can be added. Perhaps, Manuwai. I'm sure I'm missing others.
Bess is only in his third year and Hunter is much maligned. He's no longer starting and he struggled all of last year

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_ ... starter-rt

I agree with the others though.
One major difference however, those others are in the NFL. Chad too, has had 3 seasons in the NFL, part of the reason he's worthy.

Sourcing the NFLPA, the average career of an NFL'er is only 3.9 seasons long. Hence, the reason I feel Hunter has had a successful career - he's managed to hang on for some 8-9 seasons now.

Sopoaga has 70 starts over his career. Samson has started nearly every game in his now going-on 6th season. Considering their positions, they're in the U of Hawaii "Ring of Honor" as far as I'm concerned.

The Dolphins are going full-bore looking for receivers, as their receiver coach put it - "we've got a lot of solid 4s, 5s, and 6s - we're looking for 1s, 2s, and 3s". Watching their most recent game on the Network, the announcers were proclaiming that Bess was the slowest of the dozen or so receivers that the Dolphins have in camp, them only bringing it up because Bess is easily their most dependable receiver. Bess is making the most of his opportunity, starting every single game in his 4-year career. He too, in the "Ring of Honor" for UH.

Colt Brennan? :-$

:lol:

JWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NFL: Atlanta Falcons

Post by JWarrior »

Kaulana Noa, Adrian Klemm, Lui Fuata to name a few of old my team mates. Greg Salas and Kealoha Pilares more recently.
ImageImageImage

QbreakN
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Chad Owens Top 5 CFL plays

Post by QbreakN »

I happened to be watching CFL on Monday morning (On NBCSports) because it was the only football on at the time and it turned out to be a really good game between the Toronto and Hamilton. Even the following CFL game after that was awesome. It also featured the team (Toronto) which Chad Owens was playing for which was really cool to watch.

Chad Owens was featured in CFL's top 5 plays of the week.

http://watch.tsn.ca/cfl-news-and-highli ... clip753149

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/cfl-55 ... 07015.html

Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Chad Owens Top 5 CFL plays

Post by Haynr8dr »

Actually made ESPN's "top-10 play of the day" the other day with that wicked one-handed catch.

SATXUHfan
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Congrats to Chad Owens

Post by SATXUHfan »

Since nobody has done this yet. Congratulations to Chad Owens on his third 3K+ season, and being selected as the CFL's Most Outstanding Player of 2012!!! Also Congratulations to Chad and the rest of the Argos on winning the 100th Grey Cup!!!

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Congrats to Chad Owens

Post by HawaiianHogster »

Chad has set the standard for Hawaii athlete's. Way to go Chad. The thing is he isn't done yet.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Congrats to Chad Owens

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

Way da go MIGHTY Mouse! Chad's a great example of never giving up with hard work ethics! :hello1:
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

Kama'aina UH
Starter
Starter
MLB: Angels/Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: San Diego Chargers

Chad Owens named CFL's "Most Outstanding Player"

Post by Kama'aina UH »

Another Warrior does well, very well! The guy was electrifying as a Warrior. I'll never forget how he tore up BYU in 2001 when they were 11-0 and crying about not getting any love for the BCS MNCG. Hung 72 points on them and Chad was a big part of it.

Congrats Chad! And congrats on winning the Grey Cup with the Argo's.

http://hawaiiathletics.com/news/2012/12 ... h=football