*** Official Colt Brennan thread ***

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: *** Official Colt Brennan Thread ***

Post by SundayJam »

808APE wrote:Per http://www.rodpedersen.com/2012/06/game ... tions.html:

"It was very awkward in the airport Tuesday when cut quarterback Colt Brennan came through headed to the States on a Delta flight at the same time as his former teammates were headed to a game. Poor guy. Analysts say he'll resurface in the Arena League."

I'm sure that was uncomfortable, but Colt being Colt he probably wished them good luck. Colt has nobody to blame and people can't make excuses for him failing to make a squad anymore. Anyhow, he's running out of leagues/options. It's time for him to face the music and make a career from his communications degree.
For sure, being on IR your first two seasons in the NFL does not bode well. Then, having survived a serious accident before getting a chance to show your stuff... Well, we'll see. Still, collecting $600k pay checks for doing so isn't all that bad of a deal.

Colt's been humbled enough. I can't say how he'd be shamed by passing the CFL team mates at the airport was a big deal. Watching lummoxes come and go at Washington, Oakland, and now Moosejaw...gotta be painful. Eh, their loss, really

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

Maybe, just maybe he'll get a call to tryout during Training Camp with the Titans.
They're going full Run N Shoot offense now and their head coach and OC played under June Jones.
I'm sure JJ has already suggested taking a look at Colt.

808APE
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by 808APE »

Neighbor wrote:Maybe, just maybe he'll get a call to tryout during Training Camp with the Titans.
They're going full Run N Shoot offense now and their head coach and OC played under June Jones.
I'm sure JJ has already suggested taking a look at Colt.
Lol....no. Unless this is a funny joke? If so, good one! Colt just got cut before the first preseason game in the CFL, and a NFL team is going to call him? :roll:

Lol....no. Let's just wish Colt good luck with his life after sports.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

Well here's an article by SI that just came out today.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/f ... index.html

Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NBA: Boston Celtics
NFL: Oakland RAIDERS!

Post by Haynr8dr »

Neighbor wrote:Well here's an article by SI that just came out today.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/f ... index.html
Great article. Mahalo.

No shame, Colt. Professional football, especially the NFL is littered with the dead-bodies of "college greats".

And that can NEVER be taken away from Colt, he was a great college QB.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

I enjoyed the article. Just think if he ever gets another chance to play in the NFL, a real chance, and he makes the team to eventually be the starter. What an unbelievable story that would be? Movie? Motivational to say the least. It would be like having cancer in the 4Th stages and giving it your best, never quiting, to eventually beat it and get rid of it. Winner in my book. Win or lose he is a winner.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

808APE
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by 808APE »

HawaiianHogster wrote:I enjoyed the article. Just think if he ever gets another chance to play in the NFL, a real chance, and he makes the team to eventually be the starter. What an unbelievable story that would be? Movie? Motivational to say the least. It would be like having cancer in the 4Th stages and giving it your best, never quiting, to eventually beat it and get rid of it. Winner in my book. Win or lose he is a winner.
My goodness bruddah, It would be absolutely NOTHING like beating cancer; horrible and tasteless analogy. People don't choose to have cancer like Colt's choices and skills have led him to where he is. [-X

Colt has been given 1st (Redskins), 2nd (Raiders) , 3rd (Texans), and 4th (Roughriders) etc. chances to prove himself as a pro and failed and finds himself unemployed. No shame in someone trying but not being good enough, he's one OF a million of those who don't make it, not a one IN a million special QB who should be given chance after chance. He should take a good look at what Moniz is doing in the AFL and try to catch on in that league. Get em' Colt....mahalo.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

808APE wrote:
HawaiianHogster wrote:I enjoyed the article. Just think if he ever gets another chance to play in the NFL, a real chance, and he makes the team to eventually be the starter. What an unbelievable story that would be? Movie? Motivational to say the least. It would be like having cancer in the 4Th stages and giving it your best, never quiting, to eventually beat it and get rid of it. Winner in my book. Win or lose he is a winner.
My goodness bruddah, It would be absolutely NOTHING like beating cancer; horrible and tasteless analogy. People don't choose to have cancer like Colt's choices and skills have led him to where he is. [-X

Colt has been given 1st (Redskins), 2nd (Raiders) , 3rd (Texans), and 4th (Roughriders) etc. chances to prove himself as a pro and failed and finds himself unemployed. No shame in someone trying but not being good enough, he's one OF a million of those who don't make it, not a one IN a million special QB who should be given chance after chance. He should take a good look at what Moniz is doing in the AFL and try to catch on in that league. Get em' Colt....mahalo.
I appologize if I have offended anyone. Please forgive me. It was not meant to be demeaning nor taken light of nor to compare.

When all seems lost never give up the fight even though the doctor says you have 3 month's to live. That is what my friend with cancer is doing right now. He is beating it. Winning in all aspects of life. Staying possitive with loving support from their family and friends.

I am hurt that you would take something innocent to be demeaning and tasteless when that was not my intent. Maybe I should have made myself clearer in the beginning so not to upset anyone. I used an analaogy that most people can understand the difficulties of. The courage it takes to continue to be positive about the situation and to never give up the fight when things don't go your way is what I was trying to convey. Not comparing football dreams to a deadly disease. It is not a tastless analogy to me. I have a friend going through that right now. I know it isn't easy to go through seeing them go through it.

That is what Colt is doing. Not giving up the fight, staying possitive, receiving help from his family and friends. Something I can relate to. Hence my analogy. Nothing more nothing less.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

thanohano44
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: baseball aint a sport.
NBA: Suns
NFL: Raiders

Post by thanohano44 »

HawaiianHogster wrote:
808APE wrote:

I appologize if I have offended anyone. Please forgive me. It was not meant to be demeaning nor taken light of nor to compare.

When all seems lost never give up the fight even though the doctor says you have 3 month's to live. That is what my friend with cancer is doing right now. He is beating it. Winning in all aspects of life. Staying possitive with loving support from their family and friends.

I am hurt that you would take something innocent to be demeaning and tasteless when that was not my intent. Maybe I should have made myself clearer in the beginning so not to upset anyone. I used an analaogy that most people can understand the difficulties of. The courage it takes to continue to be positive about the situation and to never give up the fight when things don't go your way is what I was trying to convey. Not comparing football dreams to a deadly disease. It is not a tastless analogy to me. I have a friend going through that right now. I know it isn't easy to go through seeing them go through it.

That is what Colt is doing. Not giving up the fight, staying possitive, receiving help from his family and friends. Something I can relate to. Hence my analogy. Nothing more nothing less.

agree. theres nothing more I would like to see in the NFL that Colt putting up big numbers. I think he's run out of time, but I hope I am wrong. I still believe he is better than most 1st and 2nd QB's in the league.

tico brown
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Los Mets
NFL: NY Football Giants

Post by tico brown »

I think that I'm the biggest Colt Brennan fan in New Jersey and yes I think he got screwed in Washington. But I always wanted to know why he never tried to play Arena Ball? I mean some NFL QBs started there before moving up to the next level. Look at Moniz, he's doing pretty good so far there.

Not saying its automatic that he WILL go to the NFL or even CFL if he plays indoors. But its still a pretty good pro career if he played some in Arena Ball. Wouldn't mind watching him play for the Philadelphia Soul, lol.

uhwarrior23
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Braves
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Pats

Post by uhwarrior23 »

tico brown wrote:I think that I'm the biggest Colt Brennan fan in New Jersey and yes I think he got screwed in Washington. But I always wanted to know why he never tried to play Arena Ball? I mean some NFL QBs started there before moving up to the next level. Look at Moniz, he's doing pretty good so far there.

Not saying its automatic that he WILL go to the NFL or even CFL if he plays indoors. But its still a pretty good pro career if he played some in Arena Ball. Wouldn't mind watching him play for the Philadelphia Soul, lol.
+1

Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NBA: Boston Celtics
NFL: Oakland RAIDERS!

Post by Haynr8dr »

I'm watching a PC with Drew Brees live on NFL Network right now.

And I'm reflecting on how often I've used Drew Brees specifically as the NFL comparison for Colt - their like-size, like-mobility, and like-accuracy.

Brees just inked a $100-million 5-year deal.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Don't worry HOG, Ape is just a hater.

JWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NFL: Atlanta Falcons

Post by JWarrior »

I agree with you Hogster and Tico, both!
ImageImageImage

NJ-HAWAII-FAN
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: AZ D-Backs
NFL: Redskins

Post by NJ-HAWAII-FAN »

tico brown wrote:I think that I'm the biggest Colt Brennan fan in New Jersey and yes I think he got screwed in Washington. But I always wanted to know why he never tried to play Arena Ball? I mean some NFL QBs started there before moving up to the next level. Look at Moniz, he's doing pretty good so far there.

[-X :lol:

Im with you on all points