*** Official Colt Brennan thread ***

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Another DUI.. This one is really sad.. Colt Brennan

Post by Duster »

Say it ain't so, Colt!

Small~Axe
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by Small~Axe »

His lawyer said it wasnt pills
If you are the big tree,
We are the small axe,
Ready to cut you down,
Sharpened to cut you down - Bob

polywarrior4life
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: San Fransico Giants
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by polywarrior4life »

Oh...boy! "NOT ONE! BATU!".

Bad choices in life, wrong timing. Kinda makes me wonder if the Oline was really the cause of big loss in the sugar bowl game.
Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work. VINCE LOMBARDI

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

polywarrior4life wrote:Oh...boy! "NOT ONE! BATU!".

Bad choices in life, wrong timing. Kinda makes me wonder if the Oline was really the cause of big loss in the sugar bowl game.
That accident that put that big scar on his face may have something to do with it all... pain killers after a severe accident often lead to other things.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

I have a question. After what happened today, would you call Colt or someone who had just a DUI a "loser"? And would you say its comparable to murder and rape?

This relates to an argument I'm having on another forum.

NJ-HAWAII-FAN
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: AZ D-Backs
NFL: Redskins

Post by NJ-HAWAII-FAN »

poidog wrote:
NJ-HAWAII-FAN wrote:Drugs?? is there a history there?
there are rumors, unfortunately...

sadly heard the rumors all the way out here in NJ :(

808APE
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by 808APE »

EITSwarrior wrote:I have a question. After what happened today, would you call Colt or someone who had just a DUI a "loser"? And would you say its comparable to murder and rape?

Loser? Yes
Analogous to Murder? Hell no
Analogous to Rape? Well, you can probably ask Colt that since he was involved in a rape/sexual assault while at Colorado.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

808APE wrote:
EITSwarrior wrote:I have a question. After what happened today, would you call Colt or someone who had just a DUI a "loser"? And would you say its comparable to murder and rape?

Loser? Yes
Analogous to Rape? Well, you can probably ask Colt that since he was involved in a rape/sexual assault while at Colorado.

Well I shoulda excluded you from answering, but thanks anyway.

808APE
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by 808APE »

EITSwarrior wrote:
808APE wrote:

Loser? Yes

Well I shoulda excluded you from answering, but thanks anyway.
He mea iki, whatever I can do to assist the inevitable Colt defense (see: excuse) force.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

I will wait to hear the facts before speculating. The latest article said that charges were not made. He has earned at least that little piece of repect from me.

dakineguy
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by dakineguy »

I don't know what to say about Colt but professional football isn't likely as preocupied with what players do off the field. I doubt that pro ballers get much punishment from their teams for DUI. But then again it isn't like he's been playing ball pro and got a DUI so maybe he will be looked at as a risk. Could be he was just on pain killers? I don't know but it sucks big time that he hasn't made it in pro ball. I mean he obviously has some skills.
GO WARRIORS !!! PLAY HARD!!!!
Ohana Makou
ex-lounge lizard, ex-stair creature, ex-Jhaller

polywarrior4life
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: San Fransico Giants
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by polywarrior4life »

madeinhawaii wrote:
polywarrior4life wrote:Oh...boy! "NOT ONE! BATU!".

That accident that put that big scar on his face may have something to do with it all... pain killers after a severe accident often lead to other things.
+1

Your right, officers could have mistaken it for ex. Though Colt loves the Maui Whowee and the Kona Gold, can't say that most athletes do as well. Back to square one, the pig hunters and the bull 101, Time to start a program to educate student athletes on the dangers of abusing alcohol and drug abuse.
Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work. VINCE LOMBARDI

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

Small~Axe wrote:His lawyer said it wasnt pills

That isn't what I heard. I heard him say it was pills and could be prescription but he doesn't know for sure yet.

Promote drugs? I thought they said he was pulled over for speeding. Then they found he might be under the influence of alcohol. How did they find out he was promoting drugs? How did they find the drugs?

I too am dissappointed in Colt Brennan. I thought he was doing his best to make things right and living his life in a good way. I guess I put too much trust in someone I really don't know except as a football player for UH. He always said the right things. I thought he was genuine. Maybe I was wrong about him.

Hopefully for his life sake he can beat this disease he may have. Alcohol and drugs do not mix together well. They will make you someone you are not. I will say a prayer for him to get better. He is the only one that can make a change in his life. If he genuinely wants to get better then he will find a way.

No more saying the right things Colt Brennan. It is time to do the right things.
Last edited by HawaiianHogster on Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

Defination of a loser:
a. One that fails consistently, especially a person with bad luck or poor skills:

By that definition I would say Colt Brennan is living the life of a loser up this moment. Not his poor skills but his bad luck. He is not a loser if he changes his life around. He needs a higher power for that to happen.

Did he kill anyone or rape anyone? Get real.

You people who are bashing folks that get DUI's are unreal and don't have a clue to how many people get away with it. Everyone who drinks alcohol or takes drugs Legally or not then drives their car should be considered losers too. Not just the ones that get caught.

You may innocently go to a party, have a couple of drinks then drive home. Hey your driving under the influence and can be charged as so. Remember it is a .08 breathalyzer test which can be reached with one beer, one glass of wine or one shot of hard liquor to be considered a DUI.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

HawaiianHogster wrote:
Small~Axe wrote:His lawyer said it wasnt pills
That isn't what I heard. I heard him say it was pills and could be prescription but he doesn't know for sure yet.

Promote drugs? I thought they said he was pulled over for speeding. Then they found he might be under the influence of alcohol. How did they find out he was promoting drugs? How did they find the drugs?
To put the end to the question if it was weed:
Green said a police officer stopped Brennan for going 10 miles over the speed limit while Brennan was on his way home to Kailua.

A small amount of drugs was found in the car. It’s not clear yet what kind of drugs are involved.
Green said he has his “suspicions” on what kind of drugs were found, but wouldn’t speculate.
He said the drugs were not pills.
http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/brea ... =163877946
Michael Green, Brennan's attorney, said his client was pulled over after he was observed driving 45 miles per hour in a 35 mile per hour zone.

Brennan, 28, was released from the main police cellblock at 12:15 Thursday afternoon without being charged. Green would not reveal what type of illegal drug was found by police, but Brennan's arrest for promotion of a dangerous drug in the third degree rules out the possibility of marijuana.

According to state law, a dangerous drug is one that has no medical use, like methamphetamine and cocaine, or a prescription drug that can be abused.

"It was not pills," said Green. "It's not a lot of stuff; it's a very small amount."
Read more: http://www.kitv.com/news/hawaii/Colt-Br ... z21oeexc6b

Police say he was arrested in Kailua for drunk driving and promoting a dangerous drug in the third degree which is a felony. Lab tests have not revealed what the powdery substance was. The fact it's a "dangerous" drug means it is more serious than marijuana which is listed as a "harmful" drug under Hawaii law.

"There is more here as to how you get to being on top of the mountain to being in the gutter somewhere," said Michael Green, Brennan's Attorney. "How did I get here? Not why he got arrested but how did I wind up in jail. From being at the very top to being in a cell on Beretania Street. So I would describe his demeanor as pure sadness."
Green says the traffic stop may not have been justified. Brennan was stopped for going 10 miles per hour over the speed limit. Green also says the drugs could have belonged to the rental car's previous customer.
http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/1912 ... ed-for-dui