Tuuau out... Commits to Oregon St

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Sportsbow
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Tuuau out... Commits to Oregon St

Post by Sportsbow »

By mutual agreement, the Warriors no longer are recruiting defensive end Charles Tuaau, a Leilehua High graduate who played the past two seasons at Riverside (Calif.) College.
http://www.staradvertiser.com/sportspre ... =189774721

Just to let you folks know since his name is part of the title on this thread that Charles Tua'au has committed to Oregon State. This, according to this guys twitter.

LINK: http://twitter.com/BlitzTRice/status/299395933769175040

***Thread was split by moderators***

beaver believer
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Tuuau out

Post by beaver believer »

The state of Hawaii was very good to Oregon State this year, Manase Hungalu,Titus Failauga and
Charlie Tuaau. These guys are all very talented impact players who will help the beavers in the following years. Hungalu is a prime example of how flawed the star system is, this kid should be a 4 star, any one who watches film and knows the game can see this kid is a stud. Thank you my for these great young men and good luck to U of H. I wish you the best of luck in the 2013 season and hope the best for your program.

Sweet Lei Mokihana
High-quality H20 provider
MLB: Los Angelas Dodgers
NBA: AnybodybutLakers&Heat
NFL: Cardinals and Seahawks

Tuuau out

Post by Sweet Lei Mokihana »

Sportsbow wrote:Just to let you folks know since his name is part of the title on this thread that Charles Tua'au has committed to Oregon State. This, according to this guys twitter.

Wth...I thought we weren't getting Tuaau because he want going to qualify....and now I see he's going to be a Oregon St vajayjay? Too bad.....I wanted to see this guy under the Halawa lights in Saturdays.

Shucks. Oh well....next!

But the Darzil kid looks like he will be a hell terror!!! REALLY looking forward to seeing him in action.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Tuuau out

Post by Irse »

Sweet Lei Mokihana wrote:
Sportsbow wrote:Just to let you folks know since his name is part of the title on this thread that Charles Tua'au has committed to Oregon State. This, according to this guys twitter.

Wth...I thought we weren't getting Tuaau because he want going to qualify....and now I see he's going to be a Oregon St vajayjay? Too bad.....I wanted to see this guy under the Halawa lights in Saturdays.

Shucks. Oh well....next!

But the Darzil kid looks like he will be a hell terror!!! REALLY looking forward to seeing him in action.
That might be true but we probably will never know. I know one girl who couldn't get into UH but got into OSU. Requirements are different.
ImageImage

uhwarriors

Tuuau out

Post by uhwarriors »

Irse wrote:
Sweet Lei Mokihana wrote:

Shucks. Oh well....next!

That might be true but we probably will never know. I know one girl who couldn't get into UH but got into OSU. Requirements are different.
Had nothing to do with academics. Tsai said something happened on Tuuau's trip.

http://warriorbeat.staradvertiserblogs. ... er-leader/
137. Stephen Tsai:
February 8th, 2013 at 2:20 pm
Well, Tuuau would have been a Warrior except on his trip . . .
Whoops, said too much already.

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Tuuau out

Post by H20 »

Awesome, the story is now in the category of all those mystery recruits never get revealed whether they commit or not. He committed elsewhere, its over, who does it hurt if we know what happened?

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Tuuau out

Post by HawaiianHogster »

Not all coaches and recruits get along when they meet up for the first time. Attitudes are different. What they want to do may be different. What they expect from each other may be different. Personaity conflicts happen all the time. That means it was never meant to be. No matter who you listen to you will get two different stories. It goes like this; the coaches did this and that or the recruit did this and that. When it is all said and done who gives a rats behind?
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

Sweet Lei Mokihana

Re: Tuuau out

H20 wrote:Awesome, the story is now in the category of all those mystery recruits never get revealed whether they commit or not. He committed elsewhere, its over, who does it hurt if we know what happened?
LOL...you're right.

But the juicy stuff makes it fun sometimes in building the fans dislike for certain teams. Like when coach had his press conf. about the 2013 class and mentioned someone from Washington ("rumors" has it Sark...lol) called the hotel the recruits were signing at on LOI day and was still trying to get Tulimaseali'i to go there.

Love it. But I get what you sayin', too!

gambit_808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Mariners
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Raiders

Re: Tuuau out... Commits to Oregon St

Post by gambit_808 »

Hmmmm play for a dominant defense on a team that will contend in the PAC, or play for one of the worst teams in the nation last year. It's funny how people hate on going to the beavs. Chow said he wants guys that want to be here. If tuaau wanted out. Eff it. Move on.

He will be laughing at the haters when we go to Corvallis next year. Hope not, but it sure looks that way.

Sweet Lei Mokihana

gambit_808 wrote: He will be laughing at the haters when we go to Corvallis next year. Hope not, but it sure looks that way.
Only if they win and he plays.

I got a feeling we will be surprising teams next season and win games most think we will be blown out. That Oregon St. game is one I think we will win.

But then again...what do I know?! I predict our boys are going to be undefeated to maybe 1 or 2 losses prior to each season....LOL #-o :dubthum:

Optimus

Post by Optimus »

This dumb okole tripped Hawaii to be with is girlfriend
Jan. 25
Violation: Football coaches hosted a weekend of official visits. One prospect, who was originally from Hawaii, failed to join in any of the visit's officially planned events. Coaches located athlete, who was with his girlfriend, and told him that he was no longer welcome on the official visit and they booked his flight home prior to the 48 hours expiring. Athlete did not get on the flight and stayed in Hawaii, thus visit went over 48 hours.

Resolution: Coaches did everything possible to avoid a violation. Athlete no longer being recruited.
http://www.staradvertiser.com/sportspre ... dents.html

He was also bragging that he as too good for Hawaii.
Last season he ended up at a DII school. What a LOSER
http://www.lionathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1544

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Optimus wrote:This dumb okole tripped Hawaii to be with is girlfriend
Jan. 25
Violation: Football coaches hosted a weekend of official visits. One prospect, who was originally from Hawaii, failed to join in any of the visit's officially planned events. Coaches located athlete, who was with his girlfriend, and told him that he was no longer welcome on the official visit and they booked his flight home prior to the 48 hours expiring. Athlete did not get on the flight and stayed in Hawaii, thus visit went over 48 hours.

Resolution: Coaches did everything possible to avoid a violation. Athlete no longer being recruited.
http://www.staradvertiser.com/sportspre ... dents.html

He was also bragging that he as too good for Hawaii.
Last season he ended up at a DII school. What a LOSER
http://www.lionathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1544
That's called BACHI!
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Chow got a lot of grief from fans who didn't know the back story of why they stopped recruiting Tuuau and pulled his offer. Some of us knew what happened but had to sit on it. I'm glad the real story on Tuuau is finally out.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

He's getting what he deserved.
ImageImage

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Duster »

I think we all knew that he was the one who went AWOL during his recruiting visit. Funny how more specifics come out after self-reporting matters to the NCAA and after a FOIA request by the newspaper, who was tracking a suspected basketball violation.