DT, Daniel Ekuale commits to Washington St. (EDITED)

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Re: Did DT, Daniel Ekuale decommit from UH?

Post by kapakahi »

Wonder why TT is in American Samoa this weekend then?.....since Ekuale already tripping to Wazzu.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

This would be awful. IMO, would be worse than if UH lost Kennedy Tulimasealii.

NJ-HAWAII-FAN
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: AZ D-Backs
NFL: Redskins

Post by NJ-HAWAII-FAN »

someone needs to get him on the phone

Sportsbow
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Sportsbow »

Stephen Tsai said that Ekuale is still committed to UH. Hopefully, this remains true.
LINK: http://warriorbeat.staradvertiserblogs. ... ting-call/
42. Stephen Tsai:
January 20th, 2013 at 11:51 am

Nope. Despite the pressure being on, Daniel Ekuale remains firmly committed to UH.

Sportsbow
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Sportsbow »

If a picture is a sign, then it's doesn't look good for UH. http://www.facebook.com/daniel.etuale

Hopefully, he just added it in because he was visiting Washington State at that time.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

Sportsbow wrote:If a picture is a sign, then it's doesn't look good for UH. http://www.facebook.com/daniel.etuale

Hopefully, he just added it in because he was visiting Washington State at that time.
Yup! Not looking good.

Sportsbow
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Sportsbow »

I guess it was a bad sign. According to 247sports.com, he just committed to Washington State. Image

247sports.com profile: (2-stars) http://247sports.com/Player/Daniel-Etuale-27466

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Re: DT, Daniel Ekuale decommits from UH. (EDITED)

Post by Irse »

I could understand Oregon, but WSU?
ImageImage

saynotomercs
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by saynotomercs »

Irse wrote:I could understand Oregon, but WSU?
Pac-12

Sportsbow
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Sportsbow »

Well, let's just hope that after the UH coach (TT) who went down to American Samoa to talk to his parents, makes him change his mind again.

Daniel changed his facebook profile photo back to his own photo. He had that Washington State logo up yesterday. http://www.facebook.com/daniel.etuale

Sportsbow
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Sportsbow »

Scout.com profile: http://washingtonstate.scout.com/2/1259758.html
How Cougs landed American Samoa NT

By BARRY BOLTON
© 2013 Cougfan.com
Posted Jan 21, 2013

HE WAS A fluid prep tight end his senior season before he gained about 35 pounds of muscle -- he now projects as a 6-4, 290-pound nose tackle. And he’s verballed to Washington State over several other Pac-12 programs. CF.C talks to the newest Coug and offers his highlight film…

Daniel Etuale has been receiving a lot of recruiting attention since before he graduated from Nuuuli Technical in Pago Pago last year, and had been offered by multiple Pac-12 programs, Brandon Smart, Executive Director of Field House 100 in American Samoa.

Etuale spent the last year state-side, working on his academics and in the weight room. This weekend while on an official visit to Washington State, he verbally committed to the Cougs. What made the difference for him?

The Cougs, since they first began recruiting Etuale, have consistently impressed upon him the importance of his education.

"I wanted to be part of their program.. Washington State was always more interested in me academically than other schools, they're not just interested in me for football," said Etuale.

Etuale's future position coach, Joe Salave'a, has been recruiting him for a long time and his influence was a big part of why Etuale is Wazzu-bound.

"Coach Joe always talks about how school comes first and that's the most important thing for me. I can play football (anywhere) but Coach Joe and Washington State are interested in helping me (get my degree.) He's a good guy and always encouraging us to do well academically. Football is not as important as school, and they've been great about walking me through everything," said Etuale.

ETUALE SAID HE checks in these days at 290 pounds.

"He's a big, physical kid that is moving from TE to DT," said Smart. "He runs extremely well for his size and he is powerful. And he loves the weight room."

"The Washington State coaches (this weekend) liked my highlights and told me how they see me fitting in there. They also talked a lot about my character," said Etuale.

Etuale said he's finishing up a final math class online in the coming months and that he then should be good to go. He said he'll arrive on the WSU campus later this summer and taking part in fall camp with the Cougs.

Sportsbow
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Sportsbow »

On his facebook, he now eliminated all of Washington State's logo. There was some on his photo link also but now it's gone. He has a photo up that show him giving the shaka sign here in Hawaii.
http://www.facebook.com/daniel.etuale

I wonder if his parents talked to him to take it down and rethink his original commitment. Image

Last edited by Sportsbow on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

Sportsbow wrote:On his facebook, he now eliminated all of Washington State's logo. There was some on his photo link also but now it's gone. He has a photo up that show him giving the shaka sign here in Hawaii.
http://www.facebook.com/daniel.etuale

I wonder if his parents talked to him to take it down and rethink his original commitment. Image
I get the Pac-12 affiliation and all, but you'd have to think his parents would prefer Hawaii. Traveling to games is hard enough, let along traveling how many hours + $$$$ just to see their kid play in California, let alone Pullman. Pullman you have to fly into SeaTac, then fly to Spokane, then drive 2+ hours to Pullman. Nightmare scenario for his family if they chose to travel.

SmugDude
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by SmugDude »

That's not totally true. WSU does play one or two games a year in Seattle. Usually the first one or two homes games.

As a result, seeing your son play doesn't necessarily mean having to go to Pullman.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

SmugDude wrote:That's not totally true. WSU does play one or two games a year in Seattle. Usually the first one or two homes games.

As a result, seeing your son play doesn't necessarily mean having to go to Pullman.
Plus, they can catch the road games.
ImageImage