*** Official Marcus Mariota Thread ***

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NBA: Boston Celtics
NFL: Oakland RAIDERS!

Re: Marcus Mariota named Oregon Ducks starting QB

Post by Haynr8dr »

SM96753 wrote:
J-Rod wrote:Could be the first island QB to win a BCS national championship.
Hopefully they can get past USC!
I believe it was at the end of that game where I almost missed a little snippet of his post-game interview in which he responded to the question as to why he wasn't playing at Hawaii - didn't get an offer.

smh

Dude is a Heisman candidate for as long as he stays in college.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

He got hurt in the 1st half vs Cal and sat out a coupla drives with a sore left shoulder. I've been watching a few of the Duck's games this year. Mariota is incredible. He looks very natural and cool for a starting freshman.

Quote of the night after Mariota threw his 4th TD: "Mariota just graduated into a full blown stud."

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

Mariota was amazing tonight! oregon really kicked it in gear that 2nd half. their offense is explosive but the defense is terrible.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

reignjah11 wrote:Mariota was amazing tonight! oregon really kicked it in gear that 2nd half. their offense is explosive but the defense is terrible.
Uh...their defense was terrible?!! Whose...Oregon's or Cal's?!!!

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by reignjah11 »

SundayJam wrote:
reignjah11 wrote:Mariota was amazing tonight! oregon really kicked it in gear that 2nd half. their offense is explosive but the defense is terrible.
Uh...their defense was terrible?!! Whose...Oregon's or Cal's?!!!
Oregon, and I talking in terms of comparing them to the other bcs teams. Hard to overlook they gave up 51 to USC and had difficulty last night stopping cals run game. A more complete team like a Kansas st that has a great run gm and can limit the penalties, turnovers, and control the game could pose problems for the ducks.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

Gotta hope Texas beats Kansas State. Or maybe even for Baylor to pull off the upset.

Would be pretty sick to have Mariota vs. Te'o in the National Championship.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

To be fair against USC, you are trying to defend three first round players in Barkley, Woods, and Lee. So it's not like they're scrubs. And against Cal, Oregon played with only one starting d-lineman. The rest were injured so they played backups. Not to mention the backup safety gets hurt so now Oregon is playing their third string safety. The defense is good, just a little banged up.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

EITSwarrior wrote:
To be fair against USC, you are trying to defend three first round players in Barkley, Woods, and Lee. So it's not like they're scrubs. And against Cal, Oregon played with only one starting d-lineman. The rest were injured so they played backups. Not to mention the backup safety gets hurt so now Oregon is playing their third string safety. The defense is good, just a little banged up.
I watched last weeks game. Cal only scored 17 points. Oregon played great defense, so I'm not sure where this "Oregon's defense is bad." analysis was going. USC and Oregon were playing lights out 2 weeks ago...so much so, that I thought Oregon was playing for the win in the 3rd quarter!

Regarding Kansas State: I think they are the superior team at the moment. I would love to see these two teams go head to head in the National Championship. I predict Notre Dame will go to the Rose Bowl.

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by reignjah11 »

Stanford gave so many chances to that oregon offense but their d played lights out tonight. Coach shaw was right though in the interview afterwards, had they taken care of the ball the game probably would not have been close.

Oregons d did what they needed to. Bend but not break and got some key turnovers. They were not the reason they lost tonight. But I still don't think highly of their d. Although they held Stanford to 17 points, they also gave up 411 yards! Like I said also, had Stanford taken better care of the ball the game may not have been close.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

:D Another amazing performance by Marcus and the DUCKS......these guys have another gear than everyone else. :o Speed Kills :-
And it's not like Virginia is a bad football team.....just not on the same level as the OREGON.
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

:roll: Did anyone think that Tennessee had a chance in hell in Eugene? :- What a barn burner and whoop-okole kicking that was..... :P
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by reignjah11 »

After what A&M did to Bama's defense, i think oregon would have a good shot to beat bama.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

reignjah11 wrote:After what A&M did to Bama's defense, i think oregon would have a good shot to beat bama.
:read: I expect both teams to have the top spots in the BSC rankings.....and Mariota to me, should be the top dog for the Heisman ward. \:D/

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by reignjah11 »

^yea i agree, Johnny football lost twice so as long as oregon runs the table and Mariota continues to play like he's doing then i think he'll win it. Another guy i was impressed with this week and i have him behind Mariota is Jameis Winston from fsu.

My top 5 right now:
1. Marcus Mariota (Oregon)
2. Jameis Winston (Florida State)
3. AJ McCarron (Alabama)
4. Johnny Manziel (Texas A&M)
5. Bryce Petty (Baylor)

Cyberspace_4
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider
MLB: New York Yankees
NBA: OKC Thunders
NFL: Miami Dolphins