Solomon Elimimian signs two year contract with the Vikings

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
WA Warrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Solomon Elimimian is a Viking!

Post by WA Warrior »

We as Warrior Fans already knew Solomon is a monster and a force to be reckon with at LB! Congrats Solomon!!!

An NFL source said on Wednesday night the Vikings have agreed to terms on a two-year contract with Solomon Elimimian, a Nigerian-born linebacker who was named the Canadian Football League's hardest hitter in a TSN poll of players last year.
http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Viki ... mian012512

Mahalos [*]Red Gun[/color] for the update!!!

Urijah
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer
MLB: Giants
NBA: Lakers
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Solomon Elimimian signs two year contract with the Vikings

Post by Urijah »

Vikings signed former BC Lions LB Solomon Elimimian to a two-year contract.
The Nigerian-born Elimimian starred at Hawaii as the school's all-time leading tackler, earned CFL rookie of the year honors in 2010, and followed up by earning the league's "hardest hitter" award for 2011. The Rams and Panthers had also shown interest in signing the under-sized (6'0/227) Elimimian, who will likely play on special teams if he makes the Vikings' roster.
http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Solo ... story.html

Good to see Elimimian in the NFL finally. Always thought he was one of our best sideline to sideline LB's. I also didn't know he was doing that good in the CFL, right on I hope he has a solid career in the NFL.

allshownogo
Starter
Starter
NBA: Pistons, Nuggets
NFL: Broncos, Lions

Re: Solomon Elimimian signs two year contract with the Vikin

Post by allshownogo »

Congrats.... Now show the you have more to offer then special teams....
"We just need 11 guys to run like a mother to football and hit somebody"

chadowensargofan
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by chadowensargofan »

Just found this site when googling info on Solomon. I'm a huge CFL and Toronto Argonaut fan. Thus the love for Chad Owens. Just met him at Grey Cup in Nov. GREAT GUY who can play.

Anyhow I happen to be a Viking fan and posted about Solomon on a Viking message board. He might be undersized by NFL lb standards but this guy was such a joy to watch in the CFL. His motor never stops and he hits like a truck.
He's the lb version of Jerad Allan as he never gets tired. That was playing in the CFL where we have much smaller rosters, bigger playing fields and only 20 seconds between plays. So I'm all ready hearing on this site that he'll be a special teamer and he's too small. I think he's CFL experience will help him bigtime this go around. Too bad that the CFL can't pay stupid money that the NFL throws around because in the CFL we appreciate a talent like this. He's not just the next piece of meat to hit the field.
Just like the love we have for Chad. Another small guy with a huge heart who plays like a madman.

WA Warrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by WA Warrior »

chadowensargofan wrote:Just found this site when googling info on Solomon. I'm a huge CFL and Toronto Argonaut fan. Thus the love for Chad Owens. Just met him at Grey Cup in Nov. GREAT GUY who can play.

Anyhow I happen to be a Viking fan and posted about Solomon on a Viking message board. He might be undersized by NFL lb standards but this guy was such a joy to watch in the CFL. His motor never stops and he hits like a truck.
He's the lb version of Jerad Allan as he never gets tired. That was playing in the CFL where we have much smaller rosters, bigger playing fields and only 20 seconds between plays. So I'm all ready hearing on this site that he'll be a special teamer and he's too small. I think he's CFL experience will help him bigtime this go around. Too bad that the CFL can't pay stupid money that the NFL throws around because in the CFL we appreciate a talent like this. He's not just the next piece of meat to hit the field.
Just like the love we have for Chad. Another small guy with a huge heart who plays like a madman.
chadowensargofan, welcome to the board, and though I might sound biased (cause I am) I know Solomon will be good for the Vikings cause of his love and passion for the game, you see it, the Hawai'i fans already know it. Unfortunately the NFL isn't about heart all the time, it's about size and measureable things and thus that's why I have become disenchanted with the NFL for the past dozen years or so. I prefer college ball, CFL and even AFL where the heart of the player shows up alot more than just their skill.

Mahalos [*]Red Gun[/color] for the update!!!

chadowensargofan
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by chadowensargofan »

WA Warrior you are bang on. Growing up in Toronto but now living on Vancouver Island I have always been an Argo and CFL fan first. However my parents grew up in Winnipeg Manitoba watching Bud Grant play for The Bombers. Thus my connection to the Vikings. The NFL drives me crazy that you almost have to be a certain height and weight for each position or you don't even get a sniff. In a way that's great because I got to witness Doug Flutie work his magic in the CFL. He won us back to back Grey Cups in 96 and 97. The guy was fun to watch. Now we have Chad Owens who is so special and has a heart as big as any I've seen.
I do get sick of the mass market machine that is the NFL. Bloddy people are losing jobs and homes and people are paying thousands upon thousands for a few days in Indy. It's over the top and I can't relate.
I go to Grey Cup every year. We booked rooms in Toronto at very nice hotel for the 100th Grey Cup in Nov. The rooms are $150 a night. Game tickets will be $250 or so. Most of the money will be spent on booze and eats. As a landscape contractor I can afford that. Best down to earth no problem party each year. You can get into every party for free or $10. I hope it never changes. The NFL can be all corporate with folks who know squat about the game.
My wee rant.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Solomon Elimimian Trash Talk

Post by Neighbor »

Solomon Elimiimian made some news this week for hilariously trash talking a player then easily transitioning into the interview.
Article + Video

Side note, it was against Bryant Moniz's Calagary Stampeders

thanohano44
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: baseball aint a sport.
NBA: Suns
NFL: Raiders

Re: Solomon Elimimian Trash Talk

Post by thanohano44 »

Neighbor wrote:Solomon Elimiimian made some news this week for hilariously trash talking a player then easily transitioning into the interview.
Article + Video

I think she should still be in the NFL.

Birdman316
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: Solomon Elimimian Trash Talk

Post by Birdman316 »

thanohano44 wrote:
Neighbor wrote:Solomon Elimiimian made some news this week for hilariously trash talking a player then easily transitioning into the interview.
Article + Video

I think she should still be in the NFL.
And your point is what, thanohano44?