What's up with Timmy Chang?

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
poi pounder
Starter
Starter
NBA: Lakers
NFL: 49ers
Location: Born in Honolulu; Raised in Wai-Kahala; Live in Northern California

Post by poi pounder »

poi pounder wrote:
anthoang wrote:You must have spoke to the same PR guy i did. He was able to confirm Chang was at some private workouts. It's up to the coaches to sign him or not.

hey poipounder, can you ask your co-worker where they hold the workouts? i want to try out for the AFL too.... haha.
Yeah, I'll ask him on Monday. He was telling me that there's some Black dude (QB) from some small college in Texas that actually looks like he may be the guy to back up Grieb. He said the guy Benched 225 like 30 times and ran his 40 in 4.5. TC better work his butt off if he wants to be on the 3 deep!
My co-worker told me that they practice at some high school off of Lawrence Expwy. & Boynton? It's either Boyton High or Santa Clara High? Anyways, he said they practice from 11 am - 2 pm on Tues. & Thurs. and the practice is usually open. Said Timmy looks better but still has stiff competition from Grieb & that Black QB from some small school. The guy is 6'4 220 and runs his 40 in 4.5.
Hate to say it but... I want JJ back...

anthoang
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by anthoang »

Thanks for the update Poi, I think he meant Lawrence Expwy and Benton... which would be Santa Clara High School. which I believe is also the training camp site for the Sabercats. When was the last time your coworker saw Chang? The PR guy contacted me earlier today and said Chang was in for the workouts three weeks ago and the coaches hasn't decided on anything yet. The Sabercats still don't have any QBs signed onto contract. I'm assuming the QB from Texas is filling in as the QB right now for practice.
I'll check out the practice on thursday.

anthoang
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by anthoang »

Mark Grieb signed with the Sabercats today.

anthoang
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by anthoang »

Timmy Chang was mentioned to be picked up by the SF 49ers to be put on the practice squad?? other QBs were also mentioned - Quincy Carter, Chris Redman, Kordell Stewart.

AreaCode808
All-American
All-American

Post by AreaCode808 »

anthoang wrote:Timmy Chang was mentioned to be picked up by the SF 49ers to be put on the practice squad?? other QBs were also mentioned - Quincy Carter, Chris Redman, Kordell Stewart.
where did you get that from? is there a link? or maybe you can post the article...

anthoang
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by anthoang »

I heard it on the 49ers show after MNF. but forget it, the 49ers decided to give the rose to the Bachelor, Jesse Palmer. now you know why they finished 2-14 last year.

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

anthoang wrote:I heard it on the 49ers show after MNF. but forget it, the 49ers decided to give the rose to the Bachelor, Jesse Palmer. now you know why they finished 2-14 last year.
That's too bad. I believe Chang needs to prove himself to the world. Too many people dismissing him. Give him the opportunity and he'll do well.

anthoang
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by anthoang »

poi pounder wrote:
My co-worker told me that they practice at some high school off of Lawrence Expwy. & Boynton? It's either Boyton High or Santa Clara High? Anyways, he said they practice from 11 am - 2 pm on Tues. & Thurs. and the practice is usually open. Said Timmy looks better but still has stiff competition from Grieb & that Black QB from some small school. The guy is 6'4 220 and runs his 40 in 4.5.

Was that black QB named Chris Lewis? well... some guy named Lewis was signed by the Sabercats today... http://www.sanjosesabercats.com/news_de ... newsid=700

JG
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by JG »

It seems like TC had a work out with the Philadephia Eagles.

anthoang
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Re: What's up with Timmy Chang?

Post by anthoang »

So, Chang is now coaching at Jackson State University as an offensive coordinator. He has implemented the Run-n-shoot. (*the offense I wish Hawaii Warriors would bring back).

Also, former hawaii HS QB Jarin Morikawa has just transferred to Jackson State to play for Chang.

eonatoa
Play Maker
Play Maker

Re: What's up with Timmy Chang?

Post by eonatoa »

Good for TC! Hope he gets good and eventually finds his way back to hawaii! And brings the r & s with him