What's up with Timmy Chang?

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
anthoang
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by anthoang »

A transcript of a chat with Detroit writer Tom Kowalski:

DCLionFan: TOM ------ Are the Lions Interested In Timmy Chang to the PS?

TomKowalski: THE LIONS STILL HAVEN'T SIGNED A QB TO THE PS ... THEY'RE WAITING TO GET WORD ON GARCIA .. IF HE'S GONE FOR THE YEAR AND THEY HAVE TO BRING IN ANOTHER QB, I DON'T THIKN HE'LL SIGN A QB TO THE PS

JG
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by JG »

Found out he will be playing for the CFL next year.

BKWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by BKWarrior »

Hyrum Peters went CFL. How is he doin? Didn't he get released too? Or is he still playin. I was hopin Moenoa would go CFl too.
Forza Italia, campioni del mondo!

vis
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by vis »

ha, i saw chang like a couple days ago.. but he didnt look like he wanted to be bothered. soo. that was cool.

anthoang
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by anthoang »

vis wrote:ha, i saw chang like a couple days ago.. but he didnt look like he wanted to be bothered. soo. that was cool.
What was Chang doing?

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

I heard that after the Lion's lost to Chicago, they are calling for a QB change but don't want Harrington....

Damn it and they cut TC after 15 days... :evil:

Speaking of which, did you folks see the bonehead play by Kurt Warner at the closing of the game that cost Arizona a shot at the win over St. Louis.. Damn I would have love to see TC at Zona with Fitzgerald and that other big WR....

AreaCode808
All-American
All-American

Post by AreaCode808 »

anthoang wrote:
vis wrote:ha, i saw chang like a couple days ago.. but he didnt look like he wanted to be bothered. soo. that was cool.
What was Chang doing?
probably getting ready to play b-ball :lol:

AreaCode808
All-American
All-American

Post by AreaCode808 »

BigWave96744 wrote:
anthoang wrote:I think i'd rather be in the CFL than on some practice squad. CFL QBs get paid more.
Plus the CFL has wider fields and are pass happy..
Question is how much taxes do guys have to pay if they play in Canada?
I remember NBA guys not wanting to play in Canada because of the ridiculous taxes [-X

Regardless of where, I just want to see TC suit up so I can buy his jersey..
i just want to see him suit up as well. CFL, NFL, AFL ( :o )its all good.

sponger48
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by sponger48 »

Mouse Davis on call the coach was saying what really hurt was last season at Boise and Fresno, EVERY scout was there sizing him up. Well, we know what happened.

What happened to Chad underscores why TC has not been picked up. Inconsistant play on the road, in the big games. Every NFL game is the big game and you have to perform to your peak. TC's losses and his interceptions could have cost him.

Mouse was saying that TC's best bet might be the Arena league, pay is more than CFL depending where your at. He may still have an outside shot from there. Hope he has a good agent and is still working out, gotta be ready at a moments notice.
Hawaii, home of WORLD Championship baseball!!!!
Our name is the WARRIORS!!!!
Anything is possible, if you don't give up!

anthoang
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by anthoang »

sponger48 wrote: Mouse was saying that TC's best bet might be the Arena league, pay is more than CFL depending where your at. He may still have an outside shot from there. Hope he has a good agent and is still working out, gotta be ready at a moments notice.
If you're a star player in the AFL, you can make around $100K.

If you're a star playing in the CFL(canadian), you can make $400K

i just want to see Chang play. perferably in the CFL because i get more CFL games on TV.

sponger48
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by sponger48 »

JJ on the call the coach show was saying there are very few making over a 100k now in the cfl. I haven't researched it so I could be wrong. Just wondering what is the best springboard to the NFL, nfl europe, cfl, arena???
Hawaii, home of WORLD Championship baseball!!!!
Our name is the WARRIORS!!!!
Anything is possible, if you don't give up!

themainevent
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by themainevent »

sponger48 wrote:JJ on the call the coach show was saying there are very few making over a 100k now in the cfl. I haven't researched it so I could be wrong. Just wondering what is the best springboard to the NFL, nfl europe, cfl, arena???
I think better players came out of the CFL and Area than NFL Europle. Warren Moon, Doug Flutie, Kurt Warner. The only bonafide NFL starter that I can think of who came out of NFL Europe was John Kitna.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

sponger48 wrote:JJ on the call the coach show was saying there are very few making over a 100k now in the cfl. I haven't researched it so I could be wrong. Just wondering what is the best springboard to the NFL, nfl europe, cfl, arena???
JJ did say only the very top players in the CFL are making 6 figures most are a lot less. He also said that backup QBs in the arena football are making $65 to 75K.

BKWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by BKWarrior »

Wasen't Mark Bulger in Europe?
Forza Italia, campioni del mondo!

AreaCode808
All-American
All-American

Post by AreaCode808 »

uhwarriors wrote:
JJ did say only the very top players in the CFL are making 6 figures most are a lot less. He also said that backup QBs in the arena football are making $65 to 75K.
thats still more $$$ than TC would make if he wasn't playing football...