LLWS 2010

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Re: LLWS 2010

Post by wyokie »

What was the final score?

I take it Waipio won?

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

wyokie,

Japan won 4-1 which broke the United States string of five consecutive championships until this year.One of those US championships was courtesy of Hawaii,but a second was not to be today.

Nevertheless,Waipio represented Hawaii and the US well,and stayed determined and focused all the way through.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

I'm very PROUD of Waipio. It was one game after another with no rest between. There should be a day of rest before the championship game. Who knows if Waipio had one day to rest they would have been refreshed enough to win.

Japan is a good team and won it fair and square. Congrats to them.

Hopefully the next decade Hawaii can send more teams and bring back more championships.

Waipio your the best team in the United States of America. Hold your heads high.

I almost forgot to mention this.

The TV announcers said that no other team in the history of little league baseball has played as many games as Waipio had to to play in the championship game. No other team in the history of little league baseball has any team been hit by the ball at bat as many times as Waipio has. I believe they said 15 times?

I believe that no other team in the history of little league baseball won the games in the same fashion that Waipio did. It sounds good anyway. :lol: :lol: :lol:

We love you guys for representing Hawaii with pride and good sportsmanship. Bring it in! Welcome home boys!
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

Desert Isle
Play Maker
Play Maker
MLB: Diamondbacks
NBA: Suns
NFL: Cardinals

Post by Desert Isle »

I watched the last two games and I remember watching the championship team a couple years back. Just some fun teams to watch. Waipio has an incredible Little League program! Congrats on winning the U.S. title! :hello1:

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

Stallion wrote:I watched the last two games and I remember watching the championship team a couple years back. Just some fun teams to watch. Waipio has an incredible Little League program! Congrats on winning the U.S. title! :hello1:
+1 \:D/ :hello1: ....no doubt a special run for this team, and they'll reflect on this memory for the rest of their lives....well done. :D
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

Ask yourself this. How many professional baseball teams can play, as an underdog, 6 of the best teams in the country every single day and win them all. I'd bet they would lose more than 3 games. Anyway thought I'd try to help everyone understand the difficulty of what Waipio went through. They were the underdogs too.

It will be nice seeing them back home as champions. I'm sure they will be happy to get back home to a normal life.

They are hero's to say the least.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

Paul B
All-American
All-American

Post by Paul B »

Not many pre-teens can brag that they played in the Little League World Series.

The Hawaii team showed heart and determination! I'm really proud for the way they fought!

Mahalo Ypio and we're proud of you boys, the coaches, and all the families that participated! :hello1:

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

:o Oh WO, Oh WO.....watching the news, and to see the "politican's " show up for the press conference with the Waipio team....like they HAD something to do with the success of the team?! :x :roll: Talk about "coat hanger-ons" [-X =;
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

:o WOW this year's 2015 Waipio kids made a run in the last inning to come up short for the WEST title to go to Williamsport for the LLWS..... \:D/ Great run by these kids....