HAWAIIAN RAIDERS: the OFFICIAL thread.

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NBA: Boston Celtics
NFL: Oakland RAIDERS!

Re: HAWAIIAN RAIDERS: the OFFICIAL thread.

Post by Haynr8dr »

J-Rod wrote:Unbelievable win.
"Just Win, Baby! " ... undoubtly an emotional day and win for those of us that identify as being from the Raider Nation.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

Haynr8dr wrote:
J-Rod wrote:Unbelievable win.
"Just Win, Baby! " ... undoubtly an emotional day and win for those of us that identify as being from the Raider Nation.
Raiders won? DAMN! Horrible weekend for me!

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

wyokie wrote: Raiders won? DAMN! Horrible weekend for me!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU3i7kK7AOA

Mr. Davis passes on, but the Raiders and his spirit live on! Despite a wicked first five games, the Raiders are 3-2 and looking ahead to better times.

uhwarrior23
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Braves
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Pats

Post by uhwarrior23 »

Congrats to raider nation on a big, emotional win. You deserve it! #justwinbaby

Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Haynr8dr »

Raiders traded for Aaron Curry today.

Raiders now have a 4th overall and 8th overall at LB on our roster, both players still young.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

Lots of Seattle fans are pissed about that one. Quit on the guy WAY too early. Oakland fricken robbed their asses.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

Didn't Aaron Curry also play hoops at UH with AC and Alika?

Anyway, do you think Chargers, Chiefs, and Broncos fans are mourning Al's death just as much as Raiders fans are? Just asking.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

gopunahou wrote:Anyway, do you think Chargers, Chiefs, and Broncos fans are mourning Al's death just as much as Raiders fans are? Just asking.
I'm not. Hated him.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

wyokie wrote:
gopunahou wrote:Anyway, do you think Chargers, Chiefs, and Broncos fans are mourning Al's death just as much as Raiders fans are? Just asking.
I'm not. Hated him.
The thing is, the Raiders being down from 2003-2009 gave those teams a MUCH better chance of contending for an AFC West championship or at least a playoff berth. You can bet some (or maybe most) Chiefs, Chargers, and Broncos fans felt Al Davis was the biggest reason behind that. They must fear now that the Raiders will make more of an effort to start contending, and in effect, be a bigger threat to those teams than they were from 2003-2009.

Anyway, there might be a sick irony to all of this. What if Al was one of the biggest reasons the Raiders began improving from 2010 into this year? So many Raider fans wished he'd turned over the team between 2006-2009 but when things are going good, that happens. Oh well, the best Raider fans can do is hope that Al's son can continue the progress Al might have made after 2009.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

Flyin_Hayn
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Mariners,Yankees
NBA: Heat,Clippers,Nets
NFL: Raiders,Cowboys,SeaHawks

Post by Flyin_Hayn »

Any update on Terrelle Pryor?? He should be allowed to practice & participate in games now since his 5 week suspension is over with
"Bring 'em on," he said. Bring anybody on. Why would you want to play other people? If we want to be the best that we can be, then let's go play the best that we can play." - Norm Chow Hawai'i football head coach

Red Gun
Starter
Starter
MLB: Royals
NBA: ---
NFL: All Warriors!!!

Post by Red Gun »

Flyin_Hayn wrote:Any update on Terrelle Pryor?? He should be allowed to practice & participate in games now since his 5 week suspension is over with
The Raiders have a one week exemption on Pryor... meaning they can keep 54 players on their roster this week. They will probably not activate him because they still have some injuries... like their FB Reece, so they'll keep Tonga, the backup FB on the roster another week would be my guess.

If the Raiders are smart they'll work on some red zone plays for Pryor... he could come in at QB, give the ball to McFadden on a sweep, then have McFadden throw to Pryor. Pryor is big w/ great speed and, surprisingly, great hands. No DB could cover him. I know he's not ready to be a QB, but using him in the red zone, w/ the right plays, he could be a weapon either running or receiving.

Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Haynr8dr »

Just Win, Baby!

Carson the Quitter is on board.

Hopefully, he morphs into Captain Carson for us.

And to make it perfectly clear, I don't care what who-da-gay from Brokeback Mountain thinks. "I appreciate what others think, but I'm only concerned with what we here think" - Hue Jackson. SLAM! :- =; \:D/

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

Haynr8dr wrote:Just Win, Baby!

Carson the Quitter is on board.

Hopefully, he morphs into Captain Carson for us.

And to make it perfectly clear, I don't care what who-da-gay from Brokeback Mountain thinks. "I appreciate what others think, but I'm only concerned with what we here think" - Hue Jackson. SLAM! :- =; \:D/
Jim Plunkett was supposedly washed up and done when he arrived in Oakland...... :-$ :-

Red Gun
Starter
Starter
MLB: Royals
NBA: ---
NFL: All Warriors!!!

Post by Red Gun »

J-Rod wrote: Jim Plunkett was supposedly washed up and done when he arrived in Oakland...... :-$ :-
Yep. And here Al compared Campbell to Plunkett... maybe it's more apt to say Campbell is like Pastorini! Although it sucks that once again Colt isn't even considered for a team, Palmer has a history w/ Hue Jackson and is certainly an upgrade over Campbell, who was, at best, a decent game-manager. Palmer... if healthy and right... can be a difference maker. And w/ all the weapons in Oakland around him... this could turn out to be a great trade for them!

kik050
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by kik050 »

It seems that the Raider organization will be run more like a business then a dictatorship. If Hue Jackson is the man, he will get more of an oppurtunity and time then the past coaches had.

When you look at what's out there, Palmer seems like an ideal pick up. He's not in NFL shape but I believe he has an NFL arm and a lot of experience. We also don't have a draft pick next year, until the 5th round. Does anyone know how the compensatory draft works? When the CBA was reached, some teams knew exactly what to do and grabbed good players while releasing others. The Raiders sat back and watched their "best" players leave. At least, I didn't hear them going hard after anyone of note.

My High so far-beating the jets. My Low so far- the way we lost to Buffalo.
Hawai'i has the best fighters in the world. F___ that's all we do. --BJ Penn