Where does Timmy Chang rank on this list?

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.

Best UH quarterback of all time?

Garrett Gabriel
27%
Michael Carter
14%
Dan Robinson
5%
Timmy Chang
32%
Rafael Cherry
No votes
Greg Tipton
No votes
Warren Jones
No votes
Nick Rolovich
23%

Total votes: 22

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NFL: San Diego Chargers

Where does Timmy Chang rank on this list?

Post by Scott »

1-Garrett Gabriel
2-Michael Carter
3-Dan Robinson
4-Timmy Chang
5-Rafael Cherry
6-Greg Tipton
7-Warren Jones
8-Nick Rolovich
What would your order be?
Who did I leave out from this list?
Who is the best of all time?

Don't ask me why but I'm changing the order of my list.

1-Garrett Gabriel
2-Michael Carter
3-Nick Rolovich
4-Rafael Cherry
5-Dan Robinson
6-Greg Tipton
7-Timmy Chang
8-Warren Jones

After Timmy's performance over the last 4 games, I had to make the change.
Last edited by Scott on Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Mahalo,
Scott
http://www.sportshawaii.com
"Hawaii's Fan Based Sports Page"

robz04
High-quality H20 provider

Post by robz04 »

I haven't seen Rafael Cherry, Greg Tipton, or Warren Jones play or pretty much know of them, but I know Timmy shouldn't be higher than Rolovich. And I know that Michael Carter shouldn't be that high. He wasn't a passer. Sure he ran the option great, but he lacked the passing that could have put him over the top.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Now you're making me feel old, you young pup!

Post by Scott »

The main reason I had michael Carter on the list is because of how the team did, their accomplishments with the talent that they had, and that he was only the third QB in NCAA history (at the time, I think there are 4-5 now) to run for over 1000 and pass for 1000 in a single season. Thanks for your opinion, Good input!

Mahalo,
Scott

Macnut
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by Macnut »

Rolo should have been on the list. I would have picked him. TC should be last based on interceptions and leadership. Carter had the best season with a big win at UH's biggest bowl game.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Nick Rolovich now added!

Post by Scott »

True, TC's interceptions does hurt his image as one of Hawaii's greatest QB's. I had Rolo on my personal list, the only reason that I left him out is because he had one of Hawaii's greatest recievers catching the balls he threw up, James Fenderson (New Orleans Saints), and one of Hawaii's best offensive lines year to date. (judged by how many got NFL tryouts or made NFL teams)

I still think he would have rocked Steve Beauerline, Danny Kanell and J Jackson. I don't understand why they don't have him on the roster, its not like he didn't perform when given the chance.

Mahalo,
Scott

Macnut
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by Macnut »

Yeah I'm a big Rolo fan and I'm very disappointed he didn't make the Broncos. I feel he's better than everyone they got except Plummer. I guess his NFL Europe experience didn't help his cause. What I liked most about him was his leadership and toughness. Sure he had a good offense line and Lelie but even though Lelie wasn't there, I still think he would have been good. Too bad he didn't have one more year at UH. Sorry but I am not one of TC's fan. I really don't want to get in to why 'cause all that will do is make TC's fans respond otherwise.
P.S. Keep up the good work. This is a great new site.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thank you for the compliment!

Post by Scott »

However, never be sorry to have an opinion! That is what our site is all about, everyone expressing their point of view. At this moment, I feel that TC doesn't rank very high on the list. He has been brilliant at times, but his inconsistencies hurt him. He does have the potential to be great but he not there yet. Good comments and keep posting!

Mahalo,
Scott

robz04

Post by robz04 »

I believe 1 day Timmy will be the man. But until he limits the picks, that day won't be here for a while. I'm not a Timmy fan. I think he was too used to winning and things coming easy when he was at St. Louis. I mean, there were some tough teams there like Kam and Kahuku, but other than that, no one really pushed them around. And Timmy wasn't used to that coming to UH. Now that he is being pushed around, I hope he gets his accuracy back and that he hits his receivers and not his defenders. Hopefully Welch and him start clicking again and then we'll see the real Timmy. I hate St. Louis, but you have to admit that those 2 were one of the best combos we've seen.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

I like rolo the best out of the list, after he "reached his moment of run 'n shoot clarity" even if it was just 3 games he was literally unstoppable. Gabriel was a close second, and then maybe carter for running the triple option very well in his last year.

Rolo did have some really good linemen, and also lelie, but in those 500 yard games, he spread the passes around to everyone. He would hit all his receivers like he had entered some cheat code before kickoff. Also I don't think any other Hawaii quarterback played for a pro team after their career other than rolo, let me know if im wrong.

I don't know about the rest, but I would put the current Chang below Robinson unless like the other 2 quarterbacks. This may change in the future, but who knows :P

Oh on a side note, I saw this old link to the 50 Greatest Hawaii Athletes on cnnsi.com: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/magazi ... /greatest/

gabriel is on the list at 26, but the list predates the new quarterbacks :)

gkm808

Post by gkm808 »

I gotta rank Michael Carter on the top of my list. He led the then called "Rainbows" to a Holiday Bowl victory over a good Illinois team. I even travelled to San Diego (Jack Murphy Stadium) to see the Rainbows spank the Fighting Illini and froze my okole off in the process. :lol: I'm a fan of Timmy Chang but he's been too inconsistent this year. Hopefully he'll turn things around this last 3 games and have an awesome season next year. Garrett "BYU killa" Gabriel comes in a close second.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

yes Michael Carter rocked that year. That was the year the "Rainbow's" offense looked unstoppable. "Run left, right *pitch the ball*, run up the middle, then long pass from the play action."
Was that the year they had Travis Sims, and Jason Elam?

Mahalo,
Scott

robz04

Post by robz04 »

No, I think Sims was already gone. He wasn't an option back. He was straight up the middle. And yes, that was Elam's senior year. Yeah, their offense seemed pretty unstoppable. 11-2 right? 10-2 regular season and the Holiday Bowl win. Yup, that was a great year.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Does anyone else want to update their list like me?

Post by Scott »

NT

Mahalo,
Scott

bumboocha
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by bumboocha »

unless my eyes deceive me, isn't rolo on the list?
Macnut wrote:Rolo should have been on the list. I would have picked him. TC should be last based on interceptions and leadership. Carter had the best season with a big win at UH's biggest bowl game.

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Post by H20 »

bumboocha wrote:unless my eyes deceive me, isn't rolo on the list?
I belive Scott added it after that post.