**The Los Angeles Lakers thread**

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
uhwarrior23
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Braves
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Pats

**The Los Angeles Lakers thread**

Post by uhwarrior23 »

Okay, I finally decided to do this being I'm a huge Lakers fan. All other Laker fans feel free to post here!
The Lakers (30-24) are currently on a 5 game losing streak. Hopefully they can turn it around to start the 2nd half! I think Luke Walton and Kwame Brown being out contributed to the struggles. BTW, it was good to see Kobe win the All Star MVP!
Next up for the Lakers: at home vs. Portland, tomorrow at 5pm hst!
Last edited by uhwarrior23 on Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

uhwarrior23
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by uhwarrior23 »

I'm hearing reports that Jason Kidd may be interested in being traded to the Lakers! There's a story of it on espn.com but I'm not an insider so I can't get the article! Anyone? :D
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/index

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Kidd + Lakers = Championship

uhwarrior23
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by uhwarrior23 »

BigWave96744 wrote:Kidd + Lakers = Championship
No doubt! \:D/ Smush is improved but Kidd will take us to another level! Hopefully we'll get him before the trade deadline but I wonder who we'll have to give up to get him? :hmm:

uhwarrior23
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by uhwarrior23 »

I heard that Vlad Radmanovic will be out up to 8 weeks w/ a shoulder injury! Are we plagued or what! :roll: Brian Cook will now have to step up not only on offense but defense and rebounding as well!
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2771805
Last edited by uhwarrior23 on Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ankle Breaker
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Ankle Breaker »

the 2007 Clipper Nation playoff push is set to take off. Amare and co. are going down tonight!!!!!!

uhwarrior23
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by uhwarrior23 »

Ankle Breaker wrote:Image

the 2007 Clipper Nation playoff push is set to take off. Amare and co. are going down tonight!!!!!!
The clippers are starting to play some good ball ever since Alien Head Cassell came back! :lol: I'll be watchin' on TNT, baby!

uhwarrior23
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

NBA power rankings

Post by uhwarrior23 »

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

The Lakers are slowly crawling back into their form, kobe is the man in LA

uhwarrior23
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by uhwarrior23 »

J-Rod wrote:The Lakers are slowly crawling back into their form, kobe is the man in LA
Yes they are but they're gonna have to start playing more consistently. That 5 game losing streak is killing me 'cause they could have easily won all 5 games! They lose games like UH does! :roll: Now Vlad's out w/ a sepearated shoulder and Luke and Kwame are still out! Hopefully we can get Kidd!

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

uhwarrior23 wrote:
J-Rod wrote:The Lakers are slowly crawling back into their form, kobe is the man in LA
Yes they are but they're gonna have to start playing more consistently. That 5 game losing streak is me 'cause they could have easily won all 5 games! They lose games like UH does! :roll: Now Vlad's out w/ a sepearated shoulder and Luke and Kwame are still out! Hopefully we can get Kidd!
hopefully, or Kobe may have to freak out into I'm going to score 60 points a night mode :lol:

Ankle Breaker
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Ankle Breaker »

lamar odom is gonna have to step up. kobe's always gonna be double teamed, and somebody needs to make a shot when they need um to. this years lakers have no robert horry type guy.

there is a rumor that the lakers may be interested in scottie pippen. pippen knows the triangle, has experience playing alongside a premiere player, is smart and won't make bad decisions. if they can get maybe 8 minutes a night outta pippen it may actually be a good idea to bring in the 41 yr old.

uhwarrior23
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by uhwarrior23 »

J-Rod wrote:
uhwarrior23 wrote:
Yes they are but they're gonna have to start playing more consistently. That 5 game losing streak is me 'cause they could have easily won all 5 games! They lose games like UH does! :roll: Now Vlad's out w/ a sepearated shoulder and Luke and Kwame are still out! Hopefully we can get Kidd!
hopefully, or Kobe may have to freak out into I'm going to score 60 points a night mode :lol:
I hope not! :lol: They play a lot better when they play as a team! I have to admit it's fun to see Kobe go off but we need solid production from other players like Odom, Bynum, Smush and Cook! Hopefully Sasha can get more pt! It's also good to see former Gonzaga big man Ronnie Turiaf come in and spark the team every now and then!

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

If the lakers were to land kidd things could really mesh, who would they give up though :hmm:

uhwarrior23
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by uhwarrior23 »

Ankle Breaker wrote:lamar odom is gonna have to step up. kobe's always gonna be double teamed, and somebody needs to make a shot when they need um to. this years lakers have no robert horry type guy.

there is a rumor that the lakers may be interested in scottie pippen. pippen knows the triangle, has experience playing alongside a premiere player, is smart and won't make bad decisions. if they can get maybe 8 minutes a night outta pippen it may actually be a good idea to bring in the 41 yr old.
Took the words right out of my mouth!
BTW, Pippen could be a player/coach! He says he's in the best shape of his life but that remains to be seen! The Lakers have a lot of young players and could benifit from a vet like Pippen, though!