**The Los Angeles Lakers thread**

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Hoopwaiian
High-quality H20 provider
MLB: s.f. giants
NBA: ALL
NFL: s.f. 49ers

Re: **The Los Angeles Lakers thread**

Post by Hoopwaiian »

Lakers out of the drivers seat and now a passenger, All the jazz have to do is hang on. This is what its all about. Play a whole season and your fate hangs on a thread! (1 game, that tie breaker) wouldn't want to see it any other way. (Those early season losses always comes back to haunt you, never fails)

Hoopwaiian

Post by Hoopwaiian »

i like the lakers chances tomorrow. can they lose? you betcha. rockets would like nothing better than to rock their season. but these guys arent rookies. they've been here and want to remain. got multiple rings to prove it. as veterans, i expect chemistry, even without kobe. they've got the #1 big guy combination in the league with gasol and howard. no kobe to blame this time around. he got them there! guys are cashing mega-checks. its all on them.

Hoopwaiian

Post by Hoopwaiian »

lakers win today, they end up 7th (own tiebreaker with houston) will end up playing spurs. they lose and utah lose, they end up 8th. they end up against thunder. alot more at stake! if i were the spurs or okc, i wouldnt want to play them.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

Hoopwaiian wrote:lakers win today, they end up 7th (own tiebreaker with houston) will end up playing spurs. they lose and utah lose, they end up 8th. they end up against thunder. alot more at stake! if i were the spurs or okc, i wouldnt want to play them.
And if the Fakers lose plus Utah win tonight, L.A. gets eliminated from going the playoffs.

Hoopwaiian

Post by Hoopwaiian »

i like the lakers chances against the spurs. mini season. first to seven. lakers showed me some serious heart. especially after what they went through the last two weeks......... that to me, was alot more difficult to deal with than an upcoming 7 game series with san antonio, lakers are morphing into a whole new team, speed and concept. gots too. no more mamba. may turn out to be a blessing in disquise. should be an entertaining playoffs. (i hear thunder in the distance)

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

wyokie wrote:
And if the Fakers lose plus Utah win tonight, L.A. gets eliminated from going the playoffs.
Well, the Fakers are without KOBE, and I don't expect them to beat the Spurs 4 out of 7....not gonna happen. :-
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

Hoopwaiian

Post by Hoopwaiian »

mr. fundamental is turning 37 in 4 days and is nowhere near the same player, although smarter......... spurs are a team that can go into a city, and beat you for 1 game and then fly out and do it again to their next victim in the next city. their that good! basic fundamentals to the max, and precise. but over the course of a 7 game series, against an elite team like the lakers, they become predictable and the lake show will adjust. duncan has to go up against howard (27) and gasol (32). those two guys are putting up triple-doubles and double-doubles like its normal, during games where their basketball life depended on it. whereas duncan has passed his prime, gasol is in the middle of his and superman has even reached his yet. with kobe out of the picture, its beautiful to see the ball in the hands of the other guys, especially gasol. its obvious, to me as i watch the lakers now, how much time, the ball is in kobe's possesion.....you've got two seven footers, considered by most experts the best 1-2 big man combo in the league today. i dont see it happening for the spurs....................once the lakers get by san antonio and into the next bracket, well, thats a different story.

tavarua88
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by tavarua88 »

you know nothing about basketball
Hoopwaiian wrote:mr. fundamental is turning 37 in 4 days and is nowhere near the same player, although smarter......... spurs are a team that can go into a city, and beat you for 1 game and then fly out and do it again to their next victim in the next city. their that good! basic fundamentals to the max, and precise. but over the course of a 7 game series, against an elite team like the lakers, they become predictable and the lake show will adjust. duncan has to go up against howard (27) and gasol (32). those two guys are putting up triple-doubles and double-doubles like its normal, during games where their basketball life depended on it. whereas duncan has passed his prime, gasol is in the middle of his and superman has even reached his yet. with kobe out of the picture, its beautiful to see the ball in the hands of the other guys, especially gasol. its obvious, to me as i watch the lakers now, how much time, the ball is in kobe's possesion.....you've got two seven footers, considered by most experts the best 1-2 big man combo in the league today. i dont see it happening for the spurs....................once the lakers get by san antonio and into the next bracket, well, thats a different story.

Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NBA: Boston Celtics
NFL: Oakland RAIDERS!

Post by Haynr8dr »

8)

Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Haynr8dr »

:wink:

tavarua88
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by tavarua88 »

Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Haynr8dr »

:lol:

Hey! Not often one can have fun at the Lakers expense. Excuse me if I milk this for a while. :-

Highlight of the evening had to be when Jack Nicholson left.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

Love it when the Fakers get kicked out of the playoffs. Now if Kobe can finally retire, I'll be thrilled.

Hoopwaiian

Post by Hoopwaiian »

got swept and spanked by a texas whiskbroom! and i'm talkin bout me! good thing i'm not a betting man or i'd be broke. lol! thoroughly disappointed in the effort by the lakers. whatever heart they had, disappeared in the playoffs. and i'll say it here and now, d'antoni's gone. not a chemist. when you have the #1 big combo in the game, and your leading scorer is a guy who was playing in the D league 2 weeks ago, something's amiss. gots to go and stay inside with the combo. (double-double and triple doubles disappeared)

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

:o WOW..Kobe and his MAMA are going at it for the right to sell Kobe's momentos? :- All about the $$$, which is very sad.
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden