**The Los Angeles Lakers thread**

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Hoopwaiian
High-quality H20 provider
MLB: s.f. giants
NBA: ALL
NFL: s.f. 49ers

Re: **The Los Angeles Lakers thread**

Post by Hoopwaiian »

kobe with just under 30 assists the last two games? (wins) thats what needs to be done. gets everybody involved. players slashing to the bucket and NOW getting the ball. mamba made it look easy and stylish! even nashty was on the receiving end of some of kobe's passes. mamba may have discovered he's got more than one way to spit venom.

Hoopwaiian

Post by Hoopwaiian »

coach D takes the loss for last night's game. lakers built a comfortable lead (or so i thought), coach D pulls the big guns, suns make their move, then inserts the guns, but too late. it's all on him. 3 game streak, had the 4th and let it slip away. broke their momentum. looking at kobe and nash's faces as phoenix made their move, tells it all. it's like, "c'mon man! what are you waiting for?" lol! next time just go in! lol.

Hoopwaiian

Post by Hoopwaiian »

lakers are 4 out of 5. (should have been 5) the difference? kobe bryant. no longer leading the league in scoring and losing, bryant has tweaked his game and leads his team in assists and winning! (over 50, last 5 games) i've noticed that mamba has developed a great appreciation for the pass! when he hits the open man and scores, his face tells it all. he's also alot less tired at the end of the game. i'm sure he's thinking to himself " damn! i should have done this alot earlier." it's not too late. we're not even at halftime yet. lol!

Hoopwaiian

Post by Hoopwaiian »

lakers are 12 out of the last 17 games. 29-30. will win 50 games despite their weak start and make the playoffs. i see their new personality starting to develope! then again, theyz been jekell and hyde all year! lol!

Hoopwaiian

Post by Hoopwaiian »

VINTAGE

letsgobows
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets

Post by letsgobows »

Hoopwaiian wrote:lakers are 12 out of the last 17 games. 29-30. will win 50 games despite their weak start and make the playoffs. i see their new personality starting to develope! then again, theyz been jekell and hyde all year! lol!
really? haha. good luck going 20-2 the rest of the season.
college football=drama for men.
GO WARRIORS!

Hoopwaiian

Post by Hoopwaiian »

putting that in perspective, your probably right. they'll make the playoffs. with all the media attention and drama surrounding the lakers all year, their starting to make me weak. wearing my patience down. (comes with old age!) lol!

Paul B
All-American
All-American

Post by Paul B »

As long as the Lakers beat those "bottom feeder" teams, they have a chance to overtake Utah but it'll be a dogfight with Houston.

Hoopwaiian

Post by Hoopwaiian »

kobe bryant was beyond vintage the last two games. put his team on his back and willed them to victory. spectacular performances both nights. (42 points 12 assists,41 points,12 assists) its going to be tough keeping up that pace without injuries. nevertheless, spectacular finishes by the back mamba. not to mention nash. do or die shots at the end. lakers may have found their heart!

Paul B
All-American
All-American

Post by Paul B »

ESPN is really hyping up the Lakers. After all, ESPN LA is right there next to the Lakers home court at Staples.

If you listen to ESPN radio, you get a different story, but whatever.

Hoopwaiian

Post by Hoopwaiian »

mamba goes down! and all because of an unorthodox cheapshot. jones took away bryants landing and stepped into his shot. THAT is a purposeful move. its happened to me and i've done it to them. time to see what the other guys are made of. its now or no playoffs.

Paul B
All-American
All-American

Post by Paul B »

Hoopwaiian wrote:mamba goes down! and all because of an unorthodox cheapshot. jones took away bryants landing and stepped into his shot. THAT is a purposeful move. its happened to me and i've done it to them. time to see what the other guys are made of. its now or no playoffs.
You're not the only one to do that playing 'ball. I confess, I did that too when I had to defend against the other team's best shooter. Nobody likes getting "cut underneath" like that but it does work against shooters, I have to admit.

Bruce Bowden admitted doing that to Kobe on his ESPN segment.

Hoopwaiian

Post by Hoopwaiian »

jones got away with that one. NBA owned up and admitted kobe got fouled and should have been awarded the 2 shots.... next time. what i wanted to see was if kobe was a man of his words. just the other week calling out superman to play hurt! kobe came back the next game and played 12 minutes. gots to lead by example.

Hoopwaiian

Post by Hoopwaiian »

9 games left. its Now or never. Each loss is a nail in the coffin. Bradas better bust out the claw hammer! Lol

Hoopwaiian

Post by Hoopwaiian »

7 games left. Lakers in the drivers seat. Just can't lose one. .if they hold on, which I think they'll do, they'll face the spurs in the first round and I like the Lakers in that match up! that is......... ..........IF!