UH wahines kick Tulsa's booty last night

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Maui_Warrior
All-American
All-American

UH wahines kick Tulsa's booty last night

Post by Maui_Warrior »

In 3 games

Kamanao was setting Thourby for kills last night. Everyone played a stellar game. \:D/

WA Warrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by WA Warrior »

Do you think they will rise higher than #3 the rest of the season, even if the Top 2 remain undefeated the rest of the year?

Mahalos [*]Red Gun[/color] for the update!!!

Maui_Warrior
All-American
All-American

Post by Maui_Warrior »

WA Warrior wrote:Do you think they will rise higher than #3 the rest of the season, even if the Top 2 remain undefeated the rest of the year?
I think rank #2 will be the highest they'll be rank at the end of the season.... Just that they don't rank WAC v-ball that high, even though it's Hawaii.... I believe they are fine ranked where they are.... I saw Washington play and I think Hawaii can run with them. And Rice took Minnesota to 5 games when Minnesota was rank #1 in North Carolina.

So a trip to final four for this team is not out of reach if they can ride this emotional high all the way through post season.

WA Warrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by WA Warrior »

All I'm worried about is that they make it to the post-season and don't die like the recent Wahine teams...last year was so dissappointing because they were EXPECTED to bring home the hardware...it would be great if this team did it and even better because no one saw it coming at the start of the year, not even Coach Shoji himself..

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Post by H20 »

You would think at some point we would move up to #2. Minnesota having 2 losses and 0 first place votes and still above us is rediculous. Here are the latest rankings.

http://www.avca.org/collegiate/dipoll/d ... -18-04.asp

WA Warrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by WA Warrior »

I hear your argument but the same ole argument always arises...besides the early opponents who do they play? No one in the WAC is worth crap besides UH. Occasionally there will be a team to sniff the Top 25 or even break into it but no one consistent enough to become a bonafide threat to UH. As my previous post, just bring home the Hardware!!!

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Post by H20 »

Yeah, I guess the fact that 2 voters think we should be first and none think Minnesota should be is good enough for me. :D

Maui_Warrior
All-American
All-American

Post by Maui_Warrior »

Watching Rice play that night I believe they should be rank in the top 25. Maybe 19 or 18. I believe they're that good. Taking Minnesota to 5 games on a neutral court is not easy either. If you look at those two loses before Hawaii. Both were 5 gamers.

As football, basketball, and I guess all sports in the WAC. WAC is not a power house conference. I think it's a bunch of crud to me.

Maui_Warrior
All-American
All-American

Post by Maui_Warrior »

WA Warrior wrote:All I'm worried about is that they make it to the post-season and don't die like the recent Wahine teams...last year was so dissappointing because they were EXPECTED to bring home the hardware...it would be great if this team did it and even better because no one saw it coming at the start of the year, not even Coach Shoji himself..
I agree. I would be so AMAZED that if they would go all the way. I know everyone would too. I believe and I think these bunch of girls are starting to believe they can do it.

Whats different about this team is that anyone can have a good night. So the other team does not know who to commit to. Last year it was Lily and Kim show. So it was easier for the other team. They knew who the go to players are.