Rivals has 3-star 6-10 center, Kendrick Johnson,...........

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Sportsbow
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Rivals has 3-star 6-10 center, Kendrick Johnson,...........

Post by Sportsbow »

........ visiting UH on 10/29/04.
He decommitted from Texas Tech. I guess he had second thoughts about playing for a coach that likes to throw chairs. :P

He's also a 4-star player from the Insiders recruiting board. His brother, a 3-star SG, Calvin Johnson, also decommitted from Texas Tech, and Kendrick said, he would like to play together if all possible, but not a major priority.

October 19, 2004
Johnson taking visits, but open
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jerry Meyer
RivalsHoops.com Recruiting Analyst

Former Texas Tech commitment Kendrick Johnson has visited two schools this fall with another visit coming up. The 6-foot-10, 225-pound center from Morton (Texas) High School has received limited looks since decommitting, but don’t be surprised if some other schools get involved just prior to the early signing date.

"Right now, I’m considering Minnesota, Hawaii, and Texas A&M-Corpus Christi,” said Johnson. “Hawaii has not offered yet but may when I visit them. I’m still open to other schools and would be willing to listen if other schools wanted to get involved."

With the Hawaii visit on the horizon and two successful visits under his belt, Johnson still is not close to a decision.

"I’ve already visited Minnesota and Texas A&M-Corpus Christi,” he said. “I will be visiting Hawaii on October 29th. I enjoyed both of my visits but am not close to deciding. I don’t want to rush it. I want to find the best place for me. I’m not sure when I'll commit."

A positive basketball and educational experience are what Johnson is looking for in his future school.

"I want to go to a place where I can receive a good education along with a good experience playing basketball,” he said.

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=344396

The808Chef
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: LA Lakers
NFL: SF 49ers, Denver Broncos

Post by The808Chef »

Wow...if we can pick up this guy, our front court will be hella bad especially with Blackett and Milos being SRs this year. Trust in Wheeler and Nash to reel 'em in. Once he sees Hawaii outside the airplane window, we got 'em! \:D/

WA Warrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by WA Warrior »

At first I thought you meant a 6'10" center for football...I was like WOW :o then I started laughing when I read it was for BBall....lol...perhaps he'll leave the BBall team too and play some Center or WR for FB....just a thought....lol

Mahalos [*]Red Gun[/color] for the update!!!