Leahy & Leahy on the BC Show

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.

Did you like Leahy & Leahy on the BC show last week

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 4

BigWave96744

Leahy & Leahy on the BC Show

Post by BigWave96744 »

Ok 1420 fans I'm curious to see what you think...

I called BC this morning and I said, "I'm was glad to hear you back on the air because 3 hours of Leahy & Leahy was rather much... I do enjoy the Leahy & Leahy show on Tuesday, but 1 hour is all I can handle."

Mind you I didn't say anything negative about the Leahy's, in fact I praised BC, who basically cut my line and hung me up..

My gripe was on Friday, the day before football day, morning before Midnight Ohana, day before the Wahine continue their roll on the vb court, all father and son did was spend hours talking about MLB and how much they hate the Yankees and non sports trivia like when was this bridge built or this road built, what kind of music they like, etc.... This has nothing to do with me being a "Damn Yankees" fan, but please talk about our Local Teams... True they did throw in an occasional UH sports fact, but then it went back to them arguing over their dislikes... It was so bad that at 8am I had enough and didn't listen to the last hour..

I know Kekaula, Scott Robbs, Kevin Hashiro were on the road, but I felt Bob Hogue, Chris Hart, Steve Murray, Don Robbs, could have done a way better job talking about sports, esp local sports...

Please comment as I will call the 1420 program director to express responses from their fans..
Last edited by BigWave96744 on Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

WOW!! :o

And I though the dipsticks here in Oklahoma on the SportsAnimal radio shows were bad!!

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

I thought they were ok, but I agree that they went off subject way too much. In fact, I didn't listen to the whole show either. Not because I disliked what they were talking about, it had more to do with the importance of what was being said. As much as I dislike a lot of what BC does, I still tune in and stay tuned just so I don't miss much. It just seems that BC's show has much more meat and L&L are packing a lot of potatoes.

One thing that they were missing was a format. Sounded like they were given very short notice and didn't have time to prepare. Their other shows normally have guests which help bring life to the show, just like Bobby's. One very good thing about them is that they seem to respect callers a lot more than Bobby. I've called before, tried to talk and got cut off and when I wanted to add on, he hung me up. Very unclassy if you ask me.