Oregon QB MORGAN MAHALAK transfers to Towson

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Just throwing out a name: QB MORGAN MAHALAK

Post by J-Rod »

Big-named QB coming outta high school, but he struggled at UO. Got beat out by a walk-on for back up position.

I'm with Irse, I'd like to see a JC guy get a shot. The P5 conference transfers have been huge busts.

One of these days UH will have a starting QB it developed and recruited out of high school starting for several years. This program can't develop players to save its life. Outside of Ikaika's stints, no HS recruit has started for UH consistently since Timmy Chang. That's unheard of in college football.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

J-Rod wrote:Big-named QB coming outta high school, but he struggled at UO. Got beat out by a walk-on for back up position.

I'm with Irse, I'd like to see a JC guy get a shot. The P5 conference transfers have been huge busts.

One of these days UH will have a starting QB it developed and recruited out of high school starting for several years. This program can't develop players to save its life. Outside of Ikaika's stints, no HS recruit has started for UH consistently since Timmy Chang. That's unheard of in college football.
Moniz spent one year at JC level and walked on during Rolo's tenure. If Rolo could develop Moniz, I don't think there will be an issue with with this transfer from UofO. Good point that he might be rusty. But this guy looks good on film and just needs to learn our new system. With two years to play, he would be golden.

As a reminder to those that don't follow this closely ... here are Moniz's stats for the first year and half from wikipedia...

"For the season, Moniz started eight games for the 2009 Hawaii Warriors football team. He completed 182 of 319 passes for 2,396 yards and 14 touchdowns. With a quarterback rating of 239.6, he ranked 29th nationally during the 2009 college football season. He also ranked 32nd in the nation with 251.3 yards of total offense per game.
2010 season

Through the first twelve games of the 2010 season, Moniz led the Warriors to a 9–3 record as he completed 287 of 434 passes for 3,934 yards and 28 touchdowns.[9][10] After eight games, he led the nation in passing yards and total offense.[11][12][13] He threw six touchdown passes in a 66–7 win against Charleston Southern on October 2, 2010. The following week, he totaled 581 yards of total offense (532 passing yards and 49 rushing yards) in a 41–21 win over Louisiana Tech.[9][14] He led the Warriors to an upset victory over previously unbeaten Nevada on October 16, 2010, as he completed 26 of 36 passes for three touchdowns and no interceptions."

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Ex-Oregon Duck QB landing at Towson
By Kevin McGuire
Feb 8, 2016, 4:06 PM EST

Former Oregon quarterback Morgan Mahalak is heading to the FCS for a chance to compete for a starting job. Mahalak will join the Towson Tigers of the Colonial Athletic Association, where he will be eligible to play immediately starting this fall.
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.co ... at-towson/