8/10 Practice Notes
Only got to see the last half of practice, so I focused on the offense. My observations are:
1) Moniz’s arm appears to be stronger than last year.
2) Bright practiced
3) QBs and receivers are deeper into the playbook than at the same time last year
4) Rolo and Davis broke the QBs and receivers into two groups and worked with them seperately on occasion. The benefit of this is that the newcomers got more attention and instruction from Davis, while Rolo worked with the more experienced group.
5) The young O-linemen are big (Loeffler, Shigematsu, Lefotu, Afusia)
6) Sampson is fast
7) Sapolu is the No. 2 center behind Tiwanek
8) Cravens looks to be very quick off the edge as a pass rusher
9) Dean looks like a basketball player, but we know what happened with the last basketball player that played DE (i.e. Alama-Francis)
Join the discussion: 8/10 Practice Notes